Colt Mustang Pocketlite Plus II

This is a discussion on Colt Mustang Pocketlite Plus II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a chance to shoot one of these little Colt Mustangs at the range today, it sure was a sweet shooter! The guy who ...

Thread: Colt Mustang Pocketlite Plus II

Colt Mustang Pocketlite Plus II

I had a chance to shoot one of these little Colt Mustangs at the range today, it sure was a sweet shooter! The guy who owned it was in the lane next to me and had NEVER shot a J-frame, so we obliged each other and traded off for a few rounds. He liked my 642, once he figured out the LONG trigger pull and I liked his Colt from the minute I hefted that bad boy and focused my attention on the front sight. NICE trigger and the pistol felt good in the hand. I wish they were still in production or I could find one in Oklahoma for sale...not that I need one; I just want one. Anybody leads?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Check your P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    I had a chance to shoot one of these little Colt Mustangs at the range today, it sure was a sweet shooter! The guy who owned it was in the lane next to me and had NEVER shot a J-frame, so we obliged each other and traded off for a few rounds. He liked my 642, once he figured out the LONG trigger pull and I liked his Colt from the minute I hefted that bad boy and focused my attention on the front sight. NICE trigger and the pistol felt good in the hand. I wish they were still in production or I could find one in Oklahoma for sale...not that I need one; I just want one. Anybody leads?
    Technically they are still in production... Just not by Colt.

Sig Sauer is currently manufacturing the P238, which is a Mustang knockoff. I just bought one for my wife and she loves it. Sig has improved the Mustang design by adding some real usable sights.

My wife's P238...
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

This little bad boy is a shot'n machine....I think its smaller than the P238
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I used to have one before I got away from the .380 for me as a defensive round...nice gun..I paid $250 for mine back in 1997/8 or there abouts.

I used to have one before I got away from the .380 for me as a defensive round...nice gun..I paid $250 for mine back in 1997/8 or there abouts.
    It would bring easy $650 now. I keep tellin myself: never sell a good shootin gun. I have only sold one gun that I did not regret, but that is another story.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    You might check gunbroker.com.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I have the Colt Govt 380. Great shooting gun. Very accurate. I don't carry it much accept as crossdraw back up when driving. I have been thinking about the Sig.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    If 380 ammo ever becomes readily available again and somewhat less expensive, I would certainly either get yet another Mustang or the Sig. The only reason to stay away is if you are afraid of SA hammer back cocked and locked and prefer DA0.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I've seen both the Mustang and the Mustang Pocketlite at guns shows in Knoxville. They're typically priced at $800.00+.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

There was one for sale a month or so ago locally in my paper, guy wanted $650, sounded like it was in great shape, did not see it......but I already have a LCP and the wife has a Sig P232......so I passed, plus the issues with me getting 380 as it is for ours....but it was tempting!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    It would bring easy $650 now. I keep tellin myself: never sell a good shootin gun. I have only sold one gun that I did not regret, but that is another story.
    Meh, I got something I wanted more in trade so im good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Technically they are still in production... Just not by Colt.

Sig Sauer is currently manufacturing the P238, which is a Mustang knockoff. I just bought one for my wife and she loves it. Sig has improved the Mustang design by adding some real usable sights.

My wife's P238...
    I've got a Colt Government .380 that I carry often, but I absolutely love the looks of that Sig. If I can wean the kids off food and clothes...
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

jyo
    In theory, the little Colt 380s should be fine pistols---however, at the time they were made by Colt they had many OC problems---some were good, many many were not! Shoot a used one first before buying it.

I've got three of the Pony Pocketlites...

Great guns, basically a double action version of the Mustang. I had a Mustang and sold it to a local cop for a good deal. It is his BUG.

The Pony has a longer heavier DAO trigger pull. I feel absolute safe carrying one in my pocket.

Good luck find your Mustang,

T
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

Links