NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

This is a discussion on NAA Mini 22mag revolver? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do happen to know what I'm talking about. The .22 LR ONLY version is smaller. NAA .22 Long Rifle Mini-Revolver Specifications: Caliber: .22 Long ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

Administrator
    I do happen to know what I'm talking about.
    The .22 LR ONLY version is smaller.

NAA .22 Long Rifle Mini-Revolver

Specifications:
    Caliber: .22 Long Rifle
    Capacity: 5
    Material: 17-4 pH stainless steel
    Barrel Length: 1 1/8"
    Overall Length: 4" <~~~~~~~
    Overall Height: 2 3/8"<~~~~~
    Width: 13/16"
    Weight: 4.5 oz. unloaded
    Suggested Retail Price: $199.00
    Part Number: NAA-22LR
    Find this gun at a dealer near you

NAA .22 Magnum Mini-Revolver
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifications:
    Caliber: .22 Magnum
    Barrel Length: 1 1/8"
    Overall Length: 4 3/4"<~~~~~
    Overall Height: 2 7/8"<~~~~~
    Width: 7/8"
    Weight: 5.9 oz. unloaded
    Suggested Retail Price: $214.00
    Part Number: NAA-22MS

Specifications:
    Caliber: .22 Magnum
    Barrel Length: 1 5/8"
    Overall Length: 5 1/4"<~~~~~
    Overall Height: 2 7/8"<~~~~~
    Width: 7/8"
    Weight: 6.2 oz. unloaded
    Suggested Retail Price: $214.00
    Part Number: NAA-22M

2. Remove Ads

I just bought one last week. My only reason for buying it was that it would be a great snake gun when at my parents river house, or out at the gun range. I would never consider this gun for personal defense unless it was a back up gun, and then it's only if I can get it right to an attacker's neck with a hollow point 22 round.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I got one that I carry when its hard to conceal anything else. I tend to carry it more when I'm heading to the gym and have it slipped in my water bottle carrier...not the best option and I'm working on others, but when you are at the gym alone in the middle of the night (10:30-12pm) its nice to have something. No one questions a water bottle with a pouch for keys and phone.

Nice little revolver and fun to shoot also.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I carry a .22mag NAA everyday in my front pocket.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

It is on my short list, heard good stuff about the little shooter as a last ditch weapon.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    With all due respect to my learned friends on this forum, I think carrying this gun for CCW, even as a bug to a bug to a bug is irresponsible.

Having said that, i think they're cool little guns and would be fun to have but in my humble opinion they are a novelty only. Can they kill someone? Sure they can and so can a rock but I don't think this gun has any merit for CCW. If you can slip this in a pocket you can/should slip a .380 or .38 in your pocket.

It's not so much the .22 it's just how small they are and how hard it can be to effectively handle them because of the grip, size, etc.

You can say all day long that it's a "last ditch" gun but no matter how you slice it and dice it, you should have planned to have something else for when you found yourself in that ditch!

Would I want one? YUP! I think they're cool as all get out. Especially the one with both a .22lr and .22 mag cylinder.

Get one but get something else for deep carry or bug duty.

God Bless
    Gideon

I can't carry my Sig P238 in my front pocket without it sticking out very noticably. I carry everything from HK's to Colts to my P238 when I am traveling. When I have a customer in the car or in their office I cant afford to be made carrying. I have had every small pistol that you can imagine, NAA Guardians (both 32 and 380 frames) Keltecs and LCP's and now a Sig P238..it is my favorite deep conceal gun. For it to be an irresponsible self defense gun...have you ever SHOT anything with a 22 magnum??? I have killed more hogs,coons and even a couple of deer with one. I can hit a beer can at 7 yards 5 out of 5 times with this lil pistol. Would I want to take on multiple attackers with it..NO...but to get a BG off of me this will suffice. And to be a "irresponsible" weapon...they sell a whole lot of them.. Just my 2 cents....

I've got one of the NAA mini-revolvers in .22 magnum. Neat little piece! I've carried it occasionally as a backup. Nothing "irresponsible" about it.

There is even a company that makes a laser sight for it!

North American Arms Laser Black Widow Mini-Revolver
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I have one as well. Check out "Flaming Skull" holsters for some neat pocket holsters for it.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Here is a nice side-by-side comparison of pocket revolvers:
    500 S&W MAGNUM VS 22 LR NAA test de 2 armes opposees - Dailymotion - Strimoo.com

Great option and under respected caliber. I confidently carry a S&W 351 PD 7 shot 22 Mag. It weighs 11 oz and shoots very well within reasonable distances. Col. Cooper spoke highly of the 22 mags effectiveness, and when Taurus came out with an 8 shot .22 mag revolver Mas reviewed it with kudos and even shot to qualify with it. I certainly would not want to stop one, or two...
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofagun View Post
    Here is a nice side-by-side comparison of pocket revolvers:
    500 S&W MAGNUM VS 22 LR NAA test de 2 armes opposees - Dailymotion - Strimoo.com
    .500 S&W Magnum "pocket revolver"?

mine never leaves my pocket

Lead Moderator
    Mine works well in the deep concealment role. I have the .22 LR version.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    They are actually surprisingly accurate and extremely well built.
    The "sights" are difficult but, workable with practice.
    Did you know that Bob Munden can pop a party balloon set out at 100 Yards with one?
    He was able to do it on the second attempt.
    There is no mistaking the fact that (while certainly diminutive and cute) they are weapon status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    With all due respect to my learned friends on this forum, I think carrying this gun for CCW, even as a bug to a bug to a bug is irresponsible.

Having said that, i think they're cool little guns and would be fun to have but in my humble opinion they are a novelty only. Can they kill someone? Sure they can and so can a rock but I don't think this gun has any merit for CCW. If you can slip this in a pocket you can/should slip a .380 or .38 in your pocket.

It's not so much the .22 it's just how small they are and how hard it can be to effectively handle them because of the grip, size, etc.

You can say all day long that it's a "last ditch" gun but no matter how you slice it and dice it, you should have planned to have something else for when you found yourself in that ditch!

Would I want one? YUP! I think they're cool as all get out. Especially the one with both a .22lr and .22 mag cylinder.

Get one but get something else for deep carry or bug duty.

God Bless
    Gideon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links