NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

This is a discussion on NAA Mini 22mag revolver? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the muzzle energy of one of those little 22 mags is very impressive...and their bone chasing properties tend to make messes inside of people...it is ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the muzzle energy of one of those little 22 mags is very impressive...and their bone chasing properties tend to make messes inside of people...it is an underestimated self defense round that has excellent penetration and energy...they can do some damage...being a single action gun is their biggest drawback...but in a situation where its all youve got it could mean the difference between success or failure...

and theyre damned cool looking little guns...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    certainly there are many, many accounts of recipients of .22 cal projectiles being DRT.... but for the most part they were direct shots to the CNS, and probably most were suicides or assasination/hits. There's no doubt that a lot of the other "recipients of .22 cal projectiles" died some time after the shots, minutes, hours, days, but most likely not in a short enough time to "stop a threat". I had a small amount of experience working ambulance calls picking up "victims" (and I use the term loosely in most cases) of gunshot wounds from .22 cal handguns, and it was amazing to find the damage done by a .22 lr bullet, One particular case the victim was hit in the upper humerus, and the bullet traveled to the scapula, was deflected downward and took out the left lung. A few other cases I remember were similar. But, in each of these, the guy that got shot could have easily continued an assault, although the wounds were certainly life threatening.

If one could fire off enough rounds of even .22lr in a short enough time, with effective com shots, I think it could be somewhat useful. The NAA mini would be a tough one to master for follow-up shots for me. The .22 mag would seem to add a slightly better edge for penetration, but considering the barrel length probably not much.

I still want one

surv

I have a NAA 22 mini mag 1 1/8 with a folding grip.
    which gives one the capability to have a better grip on this little gun.
    the grip folds over the trigger and it looks like a pocket knife.
    for me the only way i would have this is gun is with this folding grip, sure makes it easier to hold on to grip.

and i dont have any doubt that it can protect me if needed.
    the only thing i dont like about it. is that you have to remove the cylinder to reload..
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I just recently bought one. I have the .22mag w/ 1-5/8 barrel. I carry it most of the time as a third last resort gun. Up close it's a bear to the head or right into the chest over the heart.
    Wisdom of the Older Gunner:
    To carry a firearm and not have to use it is a blessing
    To not carry a firearm and need one is avoidable and sometimes fatal stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    I can't carry my Sig P238 in my front pocket without it sticking out very noticably... When I have a customer in the car or in their office I cant afford to be made carrying.
    I also need to be discreet.

I had a tailor deepen the pockets on some of my suit pants.

Either I pocket carry a .380 LCP, or use a Smartcarry for my 9mm Glock 26.

Just a thought.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    I have a NAA 22 mini mag 1 1/8 with a folding grip.
    which gives one the capability to have a better grip on this little gun.
    the grip folds over the trigger and it looks like a pocket knife.
    for me the only way i would have this is gun is with this folding grip, sure makes it easier to hold on to grip.

and i dont have any doubt that it can protect me if needed.
    the only thing i dont like about it. is that you have to remove the cylinder to reload..
    Can you draw, unfold the grip, cock the hammer, aim and fire in a reasonable amount of time?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I also have one with the folding grip, you can learn to push flip it open like a knife. as for the speed, its the same thing as any carry gun or type of holster. You have to know its limitations and the tactics for deploying it. If its a katie bar the door, everyones shooting right now well..do your best and keeping moving.

I keep mine in a bug out bag in my truck, I can slip it into my pocket if I don't have on the ankle weight or the 1911. better than using my finger and yelling. POW..POW your dead...IMHO
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I bought one and carried it for a few months when I could not carry anything else. But last month, I fired a cylinder full and when I reloaded the thing would not cock. It was completely locked up. After I removed and replace the cylinder about 6 times it began to work again. It is now in the deep recesses of the safe, never again to see the light of day. A shame. I really liked it until it crapped out.
    OC

Send it back to NAA...they have great customer service...you can actualy talk to the president of the company...

The .22 Magnum might do. My brother-in-law has a couple of these little revolvers. He attempted to administer a finishing shot to a downed deer with one of them chambered for .22 Long Rifle only to have the bullet bounce off its skull. I wasn't there so don't know if it was a direct hit or angled.

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    Send it back to NAA...they have great customer service...you can actualy talk to the president of the company...
    I'm sure they would fix it... but I would never trust it again. So it is just as well not to have it fixed. But thanks for the suggestion.
    OC

My ex was a LEO and carried the .22LR version in a handcuff case on her gear belt until the PD went to a " .380 or larger" policy. (changed that to .32 or larger after the Kel Tec P32 came out). Hers keyholed with some loads, including the Stinger and Viper (or was it Yellow Jacket? The HP that looked like a SWCfrom Remington), IIRC she carried the MPB version of the Quick Shok in it. It performed from the short barrel and hit straight on.

I carried a Black Widow with small wood grips instead of the huge rubber ones as a BUG for years. It sat in my weak side back pocket next to a 1911 magazine. I had my choice of reload or re-arm and they held each other in place without a holster. I replaced it for BUG duty with a belt mounted mag pouch and a Kel Tec P32. I still use it for mountain bike duty with snake shot and JHP. Mine shot everything well, unlike hers. I think it's got TNT JHP and shot from CCI in it.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Yes, I have one and it usually goes out to my favorite shooting spot with me in my pocket....and never underestimate the .22 magnum....they will definitely splinter the hell out of a 2x4!!!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    With all due respect to my learned friends on this forum, I think carrying this gun for CCW, even as a bug to a bug to a bug is irresponsible.

Having said that, i think they're cool little guns and would be fun to have but in my humble opinion they are a novelty only. Can they kill someone? Sure they can and so can a rock but I don't think this gun has any merit for CCW. If you can slip this in a pocket you can/should slip a .380 or .38 in your pocket.

It's not so much the .22 it's just how small they are and how hard it can be to effectively handle them because of the grip, size, etc.

You can say all day long that it's a "last ditch" gun but no matter how you slice it and dice it, you should have planned to have something else for when you found yourself in that ditch!

Would I want one? YUP! I think they're cool as all get out. Especially the one with both a .22lr and .22 mag cylinder.

Get one but get something else for deep carry or bug duty.

God Bless
    Gideon
    I am sorry for asking, but did you ever shoot one? I do not think so, otherwise you should think different.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkCharlie View Post
    I'm sure they would fix it... but I would never trust it again. So it is just as well not to have it fixed. But thanks for the suggestion.
    OC
    NAA's have a very good reputation for reliability. They are well engineered, not like some other makes that are junk no matter what you do to them. Even the best of mechanical devices can fail. If you truly are going to let it collect dust in your safe, PM me your address and I'll pay the postage for you to mail it to me. No use for you to hang on to something that you can never trust again. Heck, I'll throw in $20 extra for your trouble.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links