NAA Mini 22mag revolver? - Page 4

NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

This is a discussion on NAA Mini 22mag revolver? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For a little pistol that I gave $175 for out the door..that fits in my pocket and at 7 yds I can put 5 rds ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

For a little pistol that I gave $175 for out the door..that fits in my pocket and at 7 yds I can put 5 rds in the chest portion of a target...I am very happy....they are very well engineered...tough as heck..a buddy of mine carries 2 of them and has for as long as I can remember...never had a bit of trouble. I am very happy with my purchase...not a main EDC...but a great BUG... Robbie

Can someone explain the action on these? Do you have to cock the hammer for each shot? I've seen them in stores, but have never shot or handled one.

They are single action, cock for each shot...you have to remove the center pin to remove the cylinder for reloading. They aren't a range gun...but a neat little gun to carry in your pocket as BUG...

Cocking the hammer for each shot doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I think I'd rather rely on a tactical folder like the Emerson for a last resort.

You keep your knife..I'll stick with my NAA..... i have faith in it.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I'll take the NAA too. I'm too old to let anyone get within knife distance before I have the chance to poke the first hole... even if it is only 22/100 inch diameter

surv

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Cocking the hammer for each shot doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I think I'd rather rely on a tactical folder like the Emerson for a last resort.
    Revolvers, especially SA revolvers, are not for everyone. I never thought I would want one, but then I got my hands on my dad's old Arminius .357...not the best firearm, but fun as hell! We took it out in the back yard and shot some plastic speers trainers thru it and I fell in love. About 3/4s of the time now I find myself carrying a SA/DA revolver, and a semi-auto the rest.
    Personally, I just love my little NAA .22mag...not my EDC, but a nice little BUG.
    Yeah its a small caliber, but just like with your knife, a hole is better than no hole.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I've looked at these as well. i've got kind of large hands and always wondered how easy this thing is to hang on to. The single action part doesn't bother me at all, many years ago I carried a Ruger Single Six with a magnum cylinder because that's all I had. I wish I still had that gun.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I feel so mis-understood

Guys, I can't believe some of the responses. Can the .22, and a .22 in this format kill someone? Yes it can. I'm so worn out by the trite little metaphors and such. We're talking carrying a gun for self defense. Sure any gun can kill but when considering what is reasonably effective versus how easy it is to carry, conceal, and use, we'll there are guns/calibers that are marginal on one day a year and only one step above a stick the rest.

Me firing one of these or not has nothing to do with anything. I've fired hundreds of thousands of rounds of .22 and .22 mag and have a respect for it. It's the greatest caliber there is in my opinion. However, after having fondled the NAA mini and having handled and fired a LOT of different pocket guns, I still think the following statement is true!

If you can carry an NAA mini, you can probably carry a larger caliber in a gun that is quite a bit more effective for only a very little more inconvenience.

I think they're a cool little gun but I would encourage folks to consider why they can't bump that up to a very slightly larger gun with a bit better handling characteristics and a little better caliber. Some even think a .380 is a very poor SD round but I think all of us agree it's much better than a .22.

I'm just encouraging some of you to pause for a moment from defending this gun/caliber and stop and think about what you're really rather have if you needed to defend yourself. Me personally I'd love to have a .45 but due to a number of factors, I balance competing preferences and needs and end up carrying a 9mm or a .38 more often.

I'm short with small hands so I had to work hard to find a good pocket pistol setup. Some would bash me for making the compromises I did, so I'm not bashing anyone who would choose to carry a .22 NAA mini for CCW, I'm just suggesting that no matter how many stories you can come up with about how it did this or that, this time or another, the bottom line facts are it's a nominal round compared to the .380 and the gap gets wider as you go from there.

Shooting one would be fun but doesn't change the point I'm trying to make and i'm not saying this isn't a weapon. I'm just saying that if you're arguing this is the largest caliber/gun you can carry, you might be trying to justify the gun more because you like it and it's easy instead of because it's really all you can carry.

Now, I'm done because as hard as you try to carefully explain yourself, there will undoubtedly be someone come along in a few minutes to ask me if I'd be willing to be shot by one!

I will own one some day because I feel they're cool but I would feel a little silly carrying one for CCW when I could carry a small .380 or even a .38 with little or no extra inconvenience.

God Bless
    Gideon

I can carry a 380 and usally carry one...but when you can't be seen carrying..I don't care what you say...the Sig P238 or the LCR makes a pretty big bulge in your front pocket when you are dressed for work...I have stood in front of a mirror in many hotel rooms trying to figure out how to hide my Sig in my pocket..I usually go with jeans and an untucked golf shirt..(dress code is kinda lax..but there are times when you have to dress up to be with customers) when I can do that...the G26, P7, LCR or Sig P238 is going to be on my hip with the NAA in my front pocket...but when I am riding the Dixie Chopper or the John Deere...I don't want to carry my nice pistols...the NAA goes into my pocket..It has its places and purpose...would I want to get into a shootout with it...no!! But to get a BG off me in hurry it will do...ask the guys that broke into the old man in TX who had a 22r one in his pocket...he made pretty good use of it..I cant remember how many he killed when they tryed to home invade him...

Just bought a Black Widow iin 22mag. Range test yesterday at 6 ft , half dollar size bull. Used CCI mini mag 45gr fmj flatnose. Wanted a rd that would penetrate brain housing group/skull. I was hoping for consistent groups no larger than 2". Got 3-4"groups , maybe I just need more time. What concerns me is it jammed several times. The spring loaded detent on cylinder pin kept unseating when fired. Anyone else heard of this? My guess is it needs a stiffer spring installed.

Two things the Black Widow will not be mastered on your first or even your second trip. Also its not a target pistol so keep that in mind while getting to know the gun. I find it odd it locked up Ive never heard of this. I have heard they have excellent customer service give them a call they will treat you right. Also check out the NAA mini board maybe someone there could give you advice. Ok that was more than two things

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I feel so mis-understood ...
    ...there are guns/calibers that are marginal on one day a year and only one step above a stick the rest...

...If you can carry an NAA mini, you can probably carry a larger caliber in a gun that is quite a bit more effective for only a very little more inconvenience...

...Me personally I'd love to have a .45 but due to a number of factors, I balance competing preferences and needs and end up carrying a 9mm or a .38 more often...

God Bless
    Gideon
    My CCW of choice is a Kahr CW45. If you can carry a 9mm or a .38, you can probably carry a larger caliber in a gun that is quite a bit more effective for only a very little more inconvenience... Same argument!

...But I do have an NAA .22Mag, and it gets dropped into a pocket from time to time when the time is right.

BTW - One step above a stick is a baseball bat.
    Two steps is a tire iron or crowbar.
    Three steps is probably a motorcycle chain.
    A .22 Mag NAA is at least three, and probably four steps above a stick.

Regards,
    Jim

I generally carry a G19 or a P7.

I got a Ruger LCP for running, as it is just 12 oz loaded. The clip is very useful, and if you are dressed in normal clothing, I cannot imagine that a 380 LCP is too large or heavy for you to notice.

But if I am wearing running shorts (no belt), then the 12 oz does bounce and pull my pants down. I just dug out my NAA mini with grip-holster and noticed it is 7 oz loaded. That is more than 1/4 lb lighter than my LCP. It may end up having a use for when the LCP is too heavy.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

No clips for me...I want leather over the trigger, but that's just me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links