NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

This is a discussion on NAA Mini 22mag revolver? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually carry a Sig P238 when I am working and sometimes that is too big. I picked up a nice used (looks new) NAA ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

NAA Mini 22mag revolver?

I usually carry a Sig P238 when I am working and sometimes that is too big. I picked up a nice used (looks new) NAA Mini 22 mag with the 22 LR cylinder for when I have to be very concealed. Anybody else carry one of these??? I have had them before I got my CCL and can actually hit coke cans at 10 to 20 feet with them. It will also back up my Sig. Thanks Robbie

2. Remove Ads

I've been thinking of picking one of these up for times I can't carry my Kahr. I'm very interested to hear who carries one and some opinions on them.

I have the NAA Mini in .22LR...I don't carry it often, but at times around the house, it is so easy to slip into a pocket. I have taken it as an extra gun with snake shot for trips into the pines.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    not first hand experience, but one of my best buddies is a former state trooper that carries a mini-mag in his left pants pocket 24/7 and swears by it. but...he's also "bad" enough to take on more than one attacker if he were armed with nithing but a nerf gun.

I've been interested in the mini-mag with the 22lr conversion cylinder for several years myself.

surv

Administrator
    Super high quality little tiny wheel gun for the price.
    Though since the tiny size is its greatest asset - you might as well just opt for the even smaller .22 LR version.

I don't think that the .22 mag has a conversion cylinder for .22lr does it? If so, it would'nt make it any smaller. It would still have to fill the space that the mag cylinder filled. I may be wrong and there's a new model out or something??
    I have the lr version and until now, I have'nt really carried it much. I'm afraid I'll forget it's in my pocket and go somewhere I'm not supposed to go with it. It's that small and light!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    I don't think that the .22 mag has a conversion cylinder for .22lr does it? If so, it would'nt make it any smaller. It would still have to fill the space that the mag cylinder filled. I may be wrong and there's a new model out or something??
    I have the lr version and until now, I have'nt really carried it much. I'm afraid I'll forget it's in my pocket and go somewhere I'm not supposed to go with it. It's that small and light!
    The magnum frame has an optional .22LR cylinder. When I got myself one for Christmas I ordered the extra cylinder. If you get one after, you have to send the gun in so they can match the cylinder to your gun.

VERY nice little gun. Hard on the hands to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Super high quality little tiny wheel gun for the price.
    Though since the tiny size is its greatest asset - you might as well just opt for the even smaller .22 LR version.
    I took the opposite view. They're so small, even the magnum is easily pocketable, and considerably better ballistics than the LR. And the spare cylinder allows me to practice with LR ammo.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have Tenn. cousins who drop bears out of trees with one shot from a .22 Mag., so it can be lethal with a well-aimed shot. I would consider it for CC only if the situation dictated it (minimal clothing that wouldn't conceal something larger). A handy backup, yes. Primary CC? Better than nothing, I suppose.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    The magnum frame has an optional .22LR cylinder. When I got myself one for Christmas I ordered the extra cylinder. If you get one after, you have to send the gun in so they can match the cylinder to your gun.

VERY nice little gun. Hard on the hands to reload.

I took the opposite view. They're so small, even the magnum is easily pocketable, and considerably better ballistics than the LR. And the spare cylinder allows me to practice with LR ammo.
    Thanks, now I know. Does it make it any smaller, though?
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

They look the same with the lr and mag cylinders. This is definitely going to be a BUG or a carry only when this is all I can carry gun. Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Thanks, now I know. Does it make it any smaller, though?
    Nope, the LR cylinder is the same size.

There are three frames though, Short, LR, and Mag.
    They are all so small though, and the size difference from the short to the longer barreled magnum is only 1.2 oz, I went with the magnum.

http://www.naaminis.com/index02.htmlYou can see for yourself how small they are.

I carry a NAA 22 WMR as a BUG in strong side back pocket much of the time. I was supprised to find how well I could hit with it. Pointing seems natural. I carry in a nylon pocket holster with extra ammo in velcro closed pocket. This does not replace my primary of .45, .40 or .38+P, but is always there just in case. Does not take up much room and no printing worries.

Also I pull cylinder and wipe down all parts and ammo every night. Unless you are a lot cleaner than me, I have "stuff" in my pockets that get on the BUG. My grand kids think this is a really fun gun to shoot also. NAA builds quality.

I had one in 22lr with the folding grip holster and I killed a possum in the backyard one night with it. I too am surprised how accurate they are. It wont ever replace a primary edc...but it will work to smoke somebody off of you in a pinch. RObbie

I like the NAA 22 Magnum with 1 5/8" barrel. It came with the 22 LR cylinder. Because of the small size, it gets carried regardless. People make fun of it because it is so small and such a little caliber. But, I was surprised by the penetration in pine boards using FMJ - from about a yard it penetrated through a 2" board.

Brassfetcher.com showed the following test results.......

The NAA 22 Magnum with 1 1/8" barrel fired from 10" got about 10"-11" inches of penetration (the FMJ penetrated through the 16" gel test block).

The NAA 22LR with 1 1/8" barrel fired from 10" got about 8" of penetration in gel.

Neither had any expansion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links