Citadel 1911's

Citadel 1911's

This is a discussion on Citadel 1911's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone own a Citadel 1911? I am starting to take a serious liking to the 1911 platform, but I really have no desire to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citadel 1911's

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Citadel 1911's

Does anyone own a Citadel 1911? I am starting to take a serious liking to the 1911 platform, but I really have no desire to drop 1000+ on one. Right now I only own 2 pistols (Glock23 and XD9sc). The later two ar so similar that I could live w/o the XD. I have an opportunity to trade the gently used XD for a new Citadel. Deal or No Deal?

lot of options for the money. fit quality is on par with the price, although most seem to report good performance.

i would consider a springfield armory GI or mil spec for only a little more $$.

I would say no to Citadell 1911. JMHO
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

ntg
    The triggers are nice...but I've never shot one or owned one. They're made the same place that makes RI's 1911. You're not getting a fine finish on it but I've read that they function well.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Look for a Rock Island(Yes that is a officer's model pictured as my avatar) Great price and eats everything it is fed. If you research them you will find very few negatives on these guns from actual owners. Lots of people like to say you can't get a descent 1911 for under $400, but I assure you there are a lot of RIA owners out there that will disagree.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I paid a chunk of change for my Kimber, but I'd do it all over again because I'm so happy with the gun. I have great confidence in the weapon and its reliability. That alone is worth a lot IMO.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Go to some of the 1911 specific forums and you will see lots of people that are very happy with the RIA's. I have seen and shot a friends RIAs both the full size and a officers model and they shot very nice. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    lot of options for the money. fit quality is on par with the price, although most seem to report good performance.

Absolutely agree. The Springfield Armory GI and Mil Spec models are top value in production 1911's. If more modern 1911 features are desired, these pistols make the perfect platforms for custom builds.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Don't know much about the Citadels, but have heard the RIA's recieve alot of praise. I personally own a Kimber and love it, but have considered the RIA and still may purchase one.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I don't think anyone knows a lot about the Citadels yet. But it's the same folks that made the Charles Daly 1911s, IIRC, and the same folks that make RIA.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    But it's the same folks that made the Charles Daly 1911s, IIRC, and the same folks that make RIA.
    Correct, they are manufactured by Armscor, and made in the Philippines.

Citadell 1911 A1 Compact 3 1/2" Barrell

I got one and I love it. Nice to carry and shoots great. Eats anything I feed it and it hits everything I aim at. Would buy another.

YouTube - Citadel 1911 a1 Compact. 3 1/2" Barrel Fieldstripping
    Ruger LCP, Walther PPS, Buckmark, Charter Arms Undercover .38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV-IsoL0Ms Ruger LCP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRFsbzQZ6c Walther PPS

Vinnie <>< John 3:16

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Check out the American Classic II as well.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post

+1, or even the RIA 1911. Haven't seen to much, if any negative stuff on those. Might be worth looking at. 1911's are just fun to shoot period.

Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

The Citadel, like a good many other brands such as RIA are basically ARMSCOR Philippine made products. Functionality and reliability have been established over past years. Sure fit and finish are what you'd expect at this price point. But if you're looking for an inexpensive beater that goes bang with each trigger pull, an ARMSCOR 1911 may very well satisfy.

Mine is a Charles Daly EFS Field I acquired in 2006. It sports aftermarket trigger and grips. And yes I own much higher quality 1911s like my Dan Wessons and Colt. But again it is reliable and exhibits very acceptable accuracy. What's not to like?

--Bob

DW CCO (2), CBOB + RZ45, Colt MKIV, CD EFS, P45C/T, BHP MKIII, FM M90, PT99AF, M681-1, 689, P238, MK678II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links