Sig P250 compact?

This is a discussion on Sig P250 compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one of these is 9MM if so have you had any reliability issues at all? Are the P250's known for any issues or ...

Thread: Sig P250 compact?

Sig P250 compact?

Anyone have one of these is 9MM if so have you had any reliability issues at all? Are the P250's known for any issues or recalls?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I have one in 40 cal, which I purchased about a year ago. I did have issues with the trigger, but the folks at Sig took care of me. They repaired it (paid shipping both ways) and had it back to me in less than 2 weeks; I have not had a problem since. I love the way it feels and its accuracy.

my two cents...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I looked at them and would have probably bought one if it were DA/SA. In the end I decided that I would rather have a striker fired gun if I couldn't have the DA/SA benefits of a hammer fired gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    I looked at them and would have probably bought one if it were DA/SA. In the end I decided that I would rather have a striker fired gun if I couldn't have the DA/SA benefits of a hammer fired gun.
    I agree about the trigger. I really like the DA/SA triggers on my P225 and P228, but I have been switching to 45 recently. I checked out the P250 in 45 cal, but decided I liked the P220 Carry much better.

I really want a P250 compact, but all of 'em I've found thus far are the "original" style grip frame. I want the "new" style grip frame, but I guess they haven't hit the market en-masse yet.

I just bought the two-sum in 9mm and no problems so far. I have the new grip frame. So comfortable and accurate.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Nice info grant, I'm going to a gun show in the morning, I will see if they have the new style.

I have one of the two-toned compacts in 9mm that was purchased not long after they hit the market. I have not had any issues with mine in +/- 750 rounds. It seems to be the typical Sig in regards to accuracy & reliability IMO.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I've got about a 1000 rounds through my P250 compact 9mm so far. there is a bit of wear on the barrel but other than that she's fine so far.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a 250 compact in 9mm and also have a 250 Subcompact in 9mm. They have both been great so far, 100% flawless, but I have not had them that long. Each has about 400 rounds fired so far without a single hiccup.

The Sub is my daily carry, but, the compact is also very easy to carry and will likely be my "cooler months" carry. I really like both guns, and have a special liking for second strike capability, which these guns have.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    I actually came to the opposite conclusion. I would rather have a hammer because it offers dual-strike and the additional safety of a heavy DAO trigger pull.

the pull on the 250 isn't too bad (its rather long but its certainly not too heavy). I'm an inexperienced shooter annd i still put up a *decent* group. given, my aim goes to crap at past 10' and i have a ways to go with rapid fire. However, if i make a concious effort properly grip and pull the trigger. still doing a good bit of dry fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I have a 250 compact in 9mm and also have a 250 Subcompact in 9mm. They have both been great so far, 100% flawless, but I have not had them that long. Each has about 400 rounds fired so far without a single hiccup.

The Sub is my daily carry, but, the compact is also very easy to carry and will likely be my "cooler months" carry. I really like both guns, and have a special liking for second strike capability, which these guns have.

nice pic! i'm still trying to fund my subcompact purchase. i think i'm going to buy a whole new one than just buying the grip module and xchange kit.
    here's my compact.
    Attached Images
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    ....... i'm still trying to fund my subcompact purchase. i think i'm going to buy a whole new one than just buying the grip module and xchange kit.
    here's my compact.

That's what I did. I was on the waiting list for the exchange kit @ $379 from Sig, (6 week wait) . Then I decided to trade a "safe queen" that was doing me no good, and just purchased the complete gun.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

its sig accurate due to tight lockup,frame scratches and scuffs really easy....its a good reliable gun but the trigger sucks imho. long pull but somewhat smooth.....the reset is very long.

Links