A new XD for me

A new XD for me

This is a discussion on A new XD for me within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after much looking I finally bought a new XD 9mm service model Friday afternoon. It simply fits my hand better than any other hand ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new XD for me

Smile A new XD for me

Well after much looking I finally bought a new XD 9mm service model Friday afternoon. It simply fits my hand better than any other hand gun. I liked it from the first time I ever picked one up.

There is a field near my home where I shoot and I have been able to go a couple of times already. Sweet. Quite a differance from the SMC .380 I have been shooting for many years. My wife has even shown a little interest since I got the XD.

Now I have to work out a carry method that works for me. Probably OWB with a jacket. Have to get a new Holster. What works for you guys and gals. Suggestions are certainly welcome.

Congrats on your XD. I chose the XD40 SC and love it.

I had Steve (dukalmighty) make me a holster for it, and it is very nice. I use it everyday now. I have also ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for it, haven't received it yet.

The Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro allows you to carry 23 different ways with the same holster. 1 outside waist band, and 22 inside waist band (different heights, cants, etc.)
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Great pick, I carry the XD45 Tactical and it fits very well in a don humme IWB. You will find the right combo that works for you and your taste. Usually it consists of new clothes..LOL

My XD has been flawless through its first 1000 rounds.
    I'm sure yours will treat you well as well.
    Watch out for all those "necessary" accessories...they tend to eat a big hole in your wallet.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Great choice on the XD. The more you shoot it the more you will love it. I've got the 40 sub compact and I've been thoroughly impressed with it. The XD is a great line of weapons. I'm sure it will serve you well. I carry mine in a pancake style OWB holster, and sometimes IWB.

Congrats, and stay safe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

yes, a fine choice indeed. I have 3 XD's. a 45c, and 2 9sc's. all live in crossbreed supertucks. they fit great in the hand. my 45 has 4000+ rounds, with no failures. enough to trust my life with. i hope you enjoy it

Great choice. I have over 2000 rounds through my XD .45 without one single malfunction. It's no longer my carry weapon, but I still shoot it often.

congrats! great gun!
    Why OWB instead of IWB?
    I suggest the mtac IWB holster
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    congrats! great gun!
    Why OWB instead of IWB?
    I suggest the mtac IWB holster
    Well... IWB has not been that comfortable to me even with the SMC .380. Although, I will admit that I have not had a good holster for it. I usually just slip it into my pocket (in a holster), or place it in my truck when traveling.

The XD does not "slip" into my pocket as well. I have been experimenting with some jackets and am considering some summer cover shirts. All suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks to all for the comments

Niiice! Congrats! You will love your XD. I have the XD compact .45, and it is a joy to shoot!.

I simply carry mine in this XD paddle holster, and it works well for me. Simple. Effective. Works.

Springfield Armory Holsters springfield xd gear paddle holster,-xdpistols.com
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Congrats! I have the little brother (9mm subcompact) and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post
    Niiice! Congrats! You will love your XD. I have the XD compact .45, and it is a joy to shoot!.

I simply carry mine in this XD paddle holster, and it works well for me. Simple. Effective. Works.

Springfield Armory Holsters springfield xd gear paddle holster,-xdpistols.com
    TheoryRealm,

Does the holster stay in place well when you draw? I know the answer must be Yes but I have to ask. Thanks for the link.

XDinVA and friesepferd

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been reading about the mtac and the crossbreed and must say that they look good for IWB. I think I will give one of them a try.

DM2
    Congrats on the new gun. I'm the proud new owner of the XDM and I can't get enough of shooting it. It fits my hand nicely and, for me, has a lot less recoil than some other guns I did research on. Not to mention it is very accurate.

Enjoy your new purchase.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

OWB? Try this... FIST, INC.
    I have two of them for my Glocks!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links