Just ordered a new OD G36!

This is a discussion on Just ordered a new OD G36! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being a .45 and .35 mag guy I have been having some trouble concealing my G30. I love the gun and the capacity but it ...

Thread: Just ordered a new OD G36!

Being a .45 and .35 mag guy I have been having some trouble concealing my G30. I love the gun and the capacity but it is just too chunky when deep concealment is needed. Today I have it in a Smartcarry (cannot be made at work) and it is not the most comfortable at times, specially when sitting or driving.

I also carry an SP101 and it is a lot more comfortable than the G30 but I am way more accurate with the .45...

I have been thinking about the G36 for a long time and I think it will be a nice addition to my CCW quiver. I read all the posts of other G36 owners and I am pretty confident that all the past issues have been worked out. With regards to capacity, I think there is nothing that an extra mag would not solve.....Even though this may end up being my EDC, I will still carry the G30 and the SP101 frequently.

I am looking forward to the call from my Gun Shop.... I will post my impressions after shooting 200 rounds of my home brew through it....

VIP Member
    You'll be happy with it. It shoots as well as the G30 and is much easier to conceal. I use mine in a Crossbreed for when I have to "suit up" for special occasions - holiday dinners, weddings and so forth. It is even better for this than my Colt.

Good luck with it!

btw- I've put 1500-2000 rnds through mine without a single issue. Most of the reported problems were with early production runs and/or user issues (it really is not very forgiving of a loose wrist).
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post

btw- I've put 1500-2000 rnds through mine without a single issue. Most of the reported problems were with early production runs and/or user issues (it really is not very forgiving of a loose wrist).
    I think you'll like it but as RoadRunner said it does not like to
    be limped wristed.
    Glock On!!
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    You will like the G36, it's a great gun! I own two of them, and carry a G36 often. I also had a G30, great gun but for me too fat to carry comfortably. I ended up selling it. Once you carry the 36 for a while, you will not want to carry the 30!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Great choice, I have one as my EDC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had one and traded it in for a 30 only because I needed it for duty use. I forgot about how well it carried. You got the wheels in my brain spinning now lol
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

You will love your new toy! My OD 36 is my EDC and it is very easy to carry all day and be comfortable. It hides well too. I have over a thousand rounds thru it without a problem. As long as you hold her tight she won't let you down.

I've been having the big debate myself... G-30SF or G-36?

I'll probably be checking gun shops later today to get the feel of them.

I've ccw'd a G-23 for years so can anyone tell me is the G-30 any more difficult to conceal than the G-23 or are they both about the same? Just that info will give me some insight.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I've been having the big debate myself... G-30SF or G-36?

I'll probably be checking gun shops later today to get the feel of them.

I've ccw'd a G-23 for years so can anyone tell me is the G-30 any more difficult to conceal than the G-23 or are they both about the same? Just that info will give me some insight.
    OWB, they are very similar. IWB, the 30 is a bit thicker. It may or may not bother you but I find holsters with reinforced mouth bands a bit too thick for my comfort with the 30SF. The big difference between the 2 is felt recoil. The 30 is one of the softer shooting .45s I've come across.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    OWB, they are very similar. IWB, the 30 is a bit thicker. It may or may not bother you but I find holsters with reinforced mouth bands a bit too thick for my comfort with the 30SF. The big difference between the 2 is felt recoil. The 30 is one of the softer shooting .45s I've come across.
    Very cool kpw, you've been very helpful. Thanks.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Congrats on the 36. I have a 30 that I love. The wider grip fits my long fingers perfectly. The 36 and the 30 are very accurate. I actually shoot my 30 better than my 19.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I was going back and forth on the G32 and G36, finally got the 36. So far so good.

GM
    Congrats! I know, waiting is hard
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Nice for the gun YUK for the color :) . Im thinking if I get a .45 for CC it just may be the Glock 36...its the ONLY Glock id bother owning.

Sponsored Links