Glock 26 or 27

Glock 26 or 27

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi I all ready have a G19 (love it) and wanted a G26. I was hoping to keep the 9mm thing going. Where I buy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 or 27

Glock 26 or 27

Hi

I all ready have a G19 (love it) and wanted a G26. I was hoping to keep the 9mm thing going.

Where I buy Glocks from is out of stock on the G26 and will no longer be carrying Glocks at all. They have a few G27s left.

I buy at a police supply shop and get my pistols verey for cheap there - hence why I am thinking of the G27.

Any feedback on the size of pistols, caliber difference, how easy to conceal etc. would be appreciated. Any suggestions on a holster for the G27. I plan to carry concealed.
    K.Paul
    Semper Fi

26 and 27 will be dimensionally the same. If you save enough $$$ you can get get the proper pieces to make the 27 a 26 or a 33; the 26 doesn't give that same option. So you may be able to stay on the 9mm train if it's working out well for you.

I have a G27. As far as size goes, it is a very concealable pistol. As long as you are ok with the grip size I say go for it. If you are the type that might consider adding a grip extension then IMO if you still want a .40 then go with the G23. I have the GAP Enterprise grip ends on my G27. They don't add to the length but do provide a more stable grip for me.

As far as holsters... I have both Comp-Tac MTAC and CTAC holsters. I carry it mostly in the CTAC. I really can't decide which holster I like more. I carry another pistol about 50% of the time in the MTAC as well.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

I'd stick with the 9mm. If you'll have to start stocking up on .40s&w, it can get pricey. Plus your G19 mags will fit in the G26
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The 26/27 are exactly the same pistol sans the barrel being different. Holster choice will be identical. In my area I find 40 S&W ammo to be more avail. than 9MM.. Feel wise they are also identical. I'd say ( Like I do every time) get the pistol that your comfortable with.. If in doubt rent/find someone with a 27 and see what you think..

--I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

The G27 isnt a bad buy. You can always get a 9mm barrel for it(i think lone wolf has them). And added bonus of switching from 9mm to 40cal to .357sig!!!

Now thats just good 'ol gun value right there!

I have a G23 and A G27. I can tell ya its VERY nice to have just one ammo to buy for my Glocks. Its also a plus to be able to switch mags between both guns. I would stick with 9mm if I were you so your G19 and 26 could work together. I also carry mine in a C-tac. Same holster for both.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Go with the 26, even if you have to shop around...using the same ammo will save you money in the long run...stay in 9mm.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    G26, keep on using the same ammo. Convenient. "Different mag, barrel, and slide than G27."
    G27, same size firearm, more punch. Also can get conversion barrels to go to 9mm or .357 Sig. An option.

Police supply store no longer carrying Glocks? Hummm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Thanks folks. Will have to see how small the grip is. Did not know I could get a 9mm barrell for it. If I can get it for $400 it may be a great deal.
    Will have to check out the MTAC holster. 1st time tonight in hearing about them.
    Thanks again.
    K.Paul
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpaul View Post
    Thanks folks. Will have to see how small the grip is. Did not know I could get a 9mm barrell for it. If I can get it for $400 it may be a great deal.
    Will have to check out the MTAC holster. 1st time tonight in hearing about them.
    Thanks again.
    Lone Wolf barrel is @$99. You'll need G26 mags for the 9mm, but the .357s will work in the G27 mags.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The G27 is very manageable in the recoil department, it's just how much of you you'll put into it. Some can, and some can't. Other than that, it comes down to what you're willing to spend on ammo for it compared to the 9mm. My wife has a G26 for her CC. I've shot it, and of course I got it for her anyway. Thing is, I can' tell that much difference, and I've been shooting and carrying my G27 for about ten years. Another thing for the G27 and the 40S&W.....it seems to be more accurate than the 9mm actually....in a sub-compact, light weight pistol. If you want to choose a sub-compact pistol for CC, then in my opinion, this may be where caliber or mag capacity does weigh in. The smaller you are, the more punch you should pack. Of course for most, it's what you can handle well and hit where you're aiming. That's the bottom line. I think you'll like the G27 and the 40.

Quote Originally Posted by kpaul View Post
    Thanks again.
    Well gosh! I thought when you said you could get them cheap, I thought you meant cheap. I got my wife's G26 for $432 sales tax included. $389 base price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well gosh! I thought when you said you could get them cheap, I thought you meant cheap. I got my wife's G26 for $432 sales tax included. $389 base price.
    Mind if I ask where? I thought I was getting a deal at the GSSF $425 price, you just killed that notion for me. (Or are you getting LE discount?)

I have owned both and they both conceal the samem I love the knockdown power of the .40 S&W, but I shoot 9mm so much more accurately. I would also stick with the 9mm as a BUG to the G19. You can use the G19 magazines in the G26 if needed.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    shoot both then pick.... having one type of ammo is nice.... and the mags from your G19 are interchangeable.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links