Firing with exam gloves

Firing with exam gloves

This is a discussion on Firing with exam gloves within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've just started using nitrile gloves in my shop to both protect my hands from chemicals as well as keeping fingerprints off of polished instruments. ...

Thread: Firing with exam gloves

Firing with exam gloves

I've just started using nitrile gloves in my shop to both protect my hands from chemicals as well as keeping fingerprints off of polished instruments. During a bathroom break today I was taking my Glock 27 out of my holster and the feeling was quite muted due to the gloves and my immediate thought was, "Oops, I need to take some of these gloves to the range"

I just tested the grip a little and while my Glock felt very secure, probably due to the textures on the gloves, I obviously don't want to find out the hard way that there are unforeseen issues with wearing the gloves and control. There is an added complication that my hands become sweaty while wearing them, so peeling my right glove off in a SHTF moment may not be the best situation either.

Has anyone else run into this situation? I think my grip in the glove is going to be fine but until I can find out first hand, anyone have some experience to share?
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

I've never tried shooting with those particular gloves, but if you wear them that much, it probably wouldn't hurt to practice with them.
    During range training in the Army, we always practice with the different types of gloves we have, weather it's chemical protective, cold weather, or just the daily wear nomex-type. It really makes a difference from bare hands, and it's good to know what that difference will be ahead of time.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I use these when shooting...Wiley X | Tactical Gloves - Cag-1
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Does your Glock grunt and tighen up when you "chamber" a round while wearing the "exam gloves"?

I've fired a few times with nitrile gloves on. It was mostly to keep crud off of my hands when I was injured. I didn't have any issues but I would imagine a bit of glove might get pinched between the magazine and magwell or into the mag release and gum things up a bit. Same for catching between slide and frame. The nitrile is pretty tough and thick compared to the latex we used to use so if they were tight there should be no issue, but if they were loose enough to catch they might hold together enough to cause a jam or hang up a reload. Gloves are cheap and abundant, why not try to jam things up and see what you can do worst case?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Does your Glock grunt and tighen up when you "chamber" a round while wearing the "exam gloves"?
    OUTSTANDING!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

winner winner chicken dinner!
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I wore latex gloves while DuraCoating a firearm, and they made my hands sweat like crazy. The gloves literally filled with sweat, like five-fingered water ballons. I say no thanks to using them while shooting.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

re

i like the smell of powder on my hands but not from latex
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

I don't shoot with gloves...don't wear gloves, and certainly not rubber gloves...
    Whatever works for ya'...

Last year I had an exam glove in my school mailbox and a note that the principal want to see me...

The principal did want to chat with me, and the glove was from the nurse for handling student items with blood contaminants.

I had a few internal laughs about administration stickin' it to us again...
    (Actually, I have a fine boss...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It coughs, does that count?

Sponsored Links