NAA 22mag Mini Revolver issues....

This is a discussion on NAA 22mag Mini Revolver issues.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my NAA 22 mag out today for the first time. I ran CCI shot shells through it, and Remington hp's. Everything was great until ...

Thread: NAA 22mag Mini Revolver issues....

Took my NAA 22 mag out today for the first time. I ran CCI shot shells through it, and Remington hp's. Everything was great until it was time to remove the spent casings. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF THE CYLINDER!!!! I have to use the pin that holds the cylinder in to push them out, and by use I mean put WAY too much force into it. I don't even feel comfortable doing it, I feel like I'm going to bend the rod.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an NAA issue, or is there a trick?
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    Took my NAA 22 mag out today for the first time. I ran CCI shot shells through it, and Remington hp's. Everything was great until it was time to remove the spent casings. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF THE CYLINDER!!!! I have to use the pin that holds the cylinder in to push them out, and by use I mean put WAY too much force into it. I don't even feel comfortable doing it, I feel like I'm going to bend the rod.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an NAA issue, or is there a trick?
    Yes. My mom's NAA 22 mag has the same issue. She only shoots CCI maximags out of it now (much easier to extract spend casings). For some reason some brass cased 22 mag stuck in there really bad.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Lead Moderator
    The shotshells could be dirtying up your cylinder chambers . Either lead or powder staying behind. Try the solid bullets first.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    just to clear the air..... you were using .22 mag shot shells and .22 mag bullets in the 22 mag cylinder, weren't you? If you were shooting any 22lr shotshells or 22lr of any variety in the magnum cylinder, they are prone to expand, split, and stick somewhat. (been there done that myself)

just wanted to take that possibility out of the equation

surv

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    just to clear the air..... you were using .22 mag shot shells and .22 mag bullets in the 22 mag cylinder, weren't you? If you were shooting any 22lr shotshells or 22lr of any variety in the magnum cylinder, they are prone to expand, split, and stick somewhat. (been there done that myself)

just wanted to take that possibility out of the equation

surv
    I was wondering if someone would as that, yes I was definitely using 22 magnum rounds in this pistol.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I have not had this problem with mine.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

I have shot Rem, Win and Federal 22 WMR in mine and they usually fall out unless I have ran more than a box through it playing at the farm. Never had one stick yet. I have not run any SSs through mine though.

I've had the same issue, though not to the same severity. But then, .38 sp's tend to stick just a bit in my Charter as well.
    If it requires so much force you're afraid you'll bend the pin, contact customer service.

I to have the same problem with mine, but like others said, not with the same severity. It has actually made me not carry it, and considering selling it back to the gun shop with hardly 50 rounds through it.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Just got one for Christmas and shot it for the first time today. I used CCI Minimags and Federal HP's and had the same issue. I used the rod to push them out. A few took a lot of force, but most of them pushed out pretty easily. None dumped out without pushing with the locking rod.
    May the name of Christ be exalted in all things,
    Colleene Barnett
    Keeping the Piece: Ladies Only Concealed Carry and Basic Pistol Training
    www.KeepingthePiece.com
    Looking for a clever gift for the lady shooters in your life?
    http://www.zazzle.com/keepingthepiec...51718878453391

Scrub the cylinders with some hoppes #9 and a brass brush. Don't be gentile you can't hurt anything.

shooting magnums out of it an the cases are sticking is normal. Using the pin to push out the cases is normal.
    How do you get the cases out of a double action revolver ? think about it.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Sponsored Links