Extended barrels in G27

This is a discussion on Extended barrels in G27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking of getting a extended barrel or stock G23 barrel for the G27. I also saw extended 23 barrels around 4.5 inches such ...

Thread: Extended barrels in G27

Extended barrels in G27

I was thinking of getting a extended barrel or stock G23 barrel for the G27. I also saw extended 23 barrels around 4.5 inches such as EFK etc. I though about using this for winter carry to get the power of a G23 or with the extended G23 barrel the power of G22 out of the more compact in other dimensions G27 that I already have. If It felt to bulky I could use the stock barrel or other guns I have that are more compact. Since the after market barrels are match grade would it affect reliability significantly? Is there any chance the barrel would be damaged from lack of support? From searching I seen the G23 or 4" barrel in a G27 but not the extended G23 4.5" barrel. I know that G22 has a different barrel and won't work. I don't plan on getting it compensated since its for carry.
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, I kinda tried that but in all honesty, stick with the stock barrel. Extended and or compensated in a G-27 doesn't get you much more than looks!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

i have to tell you i put that same barrel on my glock 21 it shots better and stays cleaner to i like that imho
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SCOPE MEMBER

With the 40S&W Glocks, I don't think there would be any benefit of a longer barrel in a more compact pistol OEM or otherwise. Match grade doesn't necessarily mean better accuracy either since most aftermarket barrel manufacturers do conventional rifling in their barrels as opposed to Glock's polygonal rifling which gives a better gas seal, higher velocities, and increased accuracy. Most folks who see the need for the conventional rifling in aftermarket drop-in fit barrels want to shoot lead bullets or reloads. From what I've seen, the only possible benefits of an extended barrel would be for a muzzle weight, or compensation ports and competition.
    I agree with Thumper.

im not looking for a compensated barrel because of the cc draw backs and lower velocity. what im looking for is velocity. you stated it makes the gun less acurate but its used in compitions? besides the 23 barrel has the same rifleing as the 27 and drop into it and thus should match the velocity of the 23
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Links