New gun

This is a discussion on New gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just came back from a range session with my new Glock 19. This is the last new gun purchase, I promise! LOL. Anyway I brought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gun

New gun

Just came back from a range session with my new Glock 19. This is the last new gun purchase, I promise! LOL. Anyway I brought along me Sig P239 to shoot and compare.
    I wanted a Glock for a while now and almost bought one when I was looking at the Sig.
    I have about a 100 rds. thru the Glock and am very impressed. It offers fast follow up shots. Very accurate at combat distances. I love the 15 shot mags. and how light and easy to carry. The only part I don't love is the trigger. Its not horrible but not the best I ever shot either. Overall it is a great gun and would highly recommend to anyone who is looking the best in reliability and ease of shooting.
    Now to the Sig. About the same size as the G19, but also a little heavier. I can shoot this gun as well as the Glock. The G19 seems to be easier to shoot fast, but the Sig is a very accurate gun and easy to hold on target. To me the strong suit of the Sig is the trigger. Best I have ever shot. Maybe thats why the Glock trigger is my only hang up on the G19. ( I have heard the 19 trigger will get better with more rounds).
    These are my two favorite guns. Both are very reliable and very accurate. I shoot both very well. I might give the edge to the G19 because of the greater mag capacity. But i would hate to have to choose if I could only have one. The Sig is better looking gun to me if that means much to you.
    Thumbs up to two great firearms. I am sure I can get some agreement from both sides on that.

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    There is a lot that can be done with a Glock trigger. Anything from a little smoothing to radically changing the feel. Try to figure out what type of pull your looking for and then inquire on how or who can do it for you.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I'd like a solid trigger without the silly bar thing in the middle.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    There is a lot that can be done with a Glock trigger. Anything from a little smoothing to radically changing the feel. Try to figure out what type of pull your looking for and then inquire on how or who can do it for you.
    I am going to just shoot it like it is for awhile. I like the gun so much that I can overlook the trigger. Maybe it will get smoother with some use. Thanks for suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    I'd like a solid trigger without the silly bar thing in the middle.
    You know that part really doesn't bother me. It just doesn't feel smooth enough for my taste. Again compared to the Sig.

Trigger feel comments...

I have both the G19 and the P239. I've had the G19 for about 12 years and have put about 5000 rounds through it. I bought the P239 about 2 years ago and have about 1000 rounds through it.

Like the poster, I can shoot both guns with about the same accuracy, and believe the P239 is a better looking gun. Both guns have been 100% reliable.

I too am not that crazy about the "feel" of the Glock trigger compared to the Sig. But I believe the true test of the gun should be the results obtained. Since the Glock delivers the same accuracy for me as the Sig, I would rate the Glock trigger as functionally equivalent to the Sig trigger. The "feel" of the Glock trigger may not really matter, since it works well.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

IMO the trigger on the Glock 19 feels 'cheap'. But i love everything else about the gun.
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I have both the G19 and the P239. I've had the G19 for about 12 years and have put about 5000 rounds through it. I bought the P239 about 2 years ago and have about 1000 rounds through it.

Like the poster, I can shoot both guns with about the same accuracy, and believe the P239 is a better looking gun. Both guns have been 100% reliable.

I too am not that crazy about the "feel" of the Glock trigger compared to the Sig. But I believe the true test of the gun should be the results obtained. Since the Glock delivers the same accuracy for me as the Sig, I would rate the Glock trigger as functionally equivalent to the Sig trigger. The "feel" of the Glock trigger may not really matter, since it works well.
    You are so right. All the really matters is the end result. I can shoot just as well with one as the other. The trigger is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

No wonder the Roy Rogers called his horse trigger...

Roy carried a Sig...now don't debate this...it's a known fact...I read it on the internet blog

Here is what Roy carried...a trigger to die for...butter smooth that breaks like glass...
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Roy carried a Sig...now don't debate this...it's a known fact...I read it on the internet blog

Here is what Roy carried...a trigger to die for...butter smooth that breaks like glass...
    Imthduke, Nice gun. Our CCW instructor carries one just like it. Mine is a black standard DA/SA. Like that two tone though!

You have 2 of the finest guns around IMO
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Congrats on the new addition to your collection! Glocks have a strong revolver-like reputation for reliability.

VIP Member
    I hated the trigger on my Glock 36 until I installed a Scherer 3-1/2 lb Connector! It's no trigger job but for very little money it sure made a positive difference.

Scherer Connector Glock All Models 3-1/2 lb - MidwayUSA
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You always think it's the last purchase don't you? I've said that many times and keep thinking of more to get. They need a program for us...like AA except we'll call it AAA (Ammunition Addicts Anonymous) or something hehe.

Good Luck to you and a fine purchase.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    Congrats
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links