Lasermax recoil laser

Lasermax recoil laser

This is a discussion on Lasermax recoil laser within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just installed a Lasermax laser in my Glock 26. Nothing to it for a guy who is all thumbs. Pretty neat. Replaced factory recoil ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasermax recoil laser

Lasermax recoil laser

I just installed a Lasermax laser in my Glock 26. Nothing to it for a guy who is all thumbs. Pretty neat.

Replaced factory recoil spring, recoil guide rod and take down lever and spring.

I press on the take down lever on either side and laser goes on. Press on other side and it goes off. Didn't have to do any adjustments. It was sighted in already.

Has anyone had any experience with longevity of these things? They claim to be very durable.

I've seen a guy at a local shop come in for the 3rd time with a broken one. Not for a Glock26, but for a Sig P229 .40sw. I don't know if the laser being longer or the caliber had anything to do with it. I also don't know if they have made them more durable.

I'm sorry I can't be of any real help, but I thought I'd pass that story along.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I wouldn't use it IMHO. Theres a reliability issue when you start replacing the innards of a perfectly good weapon. Also, when firing a few hundred rounds, the laser becomes cloudy rather than shining 1 beam. Maybe test it out and post your results. I know that a company created a trigger guard laser mount, ( crimson trace? ) it snaps on in a few minutes and you don't have to replace anything inside made from the factory.

Administrator
    "Replaced factory recoil spring, recoil guide rod and take down lever and spring."

"Theres a reliability issue when you start replacing the innards of a perfectly good weapon."

Actually the LaserMax parts all meet or exceed Glock factory specs so that is really a non-issue with the parts that need to be swapped out to install a LaserMax.

I have had a LaserMax in my SA XD40 SC since I bought it back in March, 2010. Have fired 750 rounds through it since that time with no problems with the laser. It is true after about 50 rounds the laser gets covered with burnt powder and will loose it's brightness. You can wipe it off when the range is COLD and it will function as it should. The only problem I've had is that the laser came on all by itself a couple times and ran the battery down. They last quite awhile and after sitting for a day or two the battery had come back to life and I'm still using the original battery. I did purchase a couple spare batteries from LaserMax for about $21.00. I like my LaserMax, have only used it a few times to practice with it, use the sights most of the time.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I ran a Lasermax in my G19 for quite some time. It worked well, but I also had several instances of the laser turning on, and the batteries running down.

I replaced the Lasermax with the Crimson Trace Lasergrips for my G19, and the Laserguard for my G26. I prefer the CT units, because the laser comes on simply by gripping the pistol normally.

I now have CT lasers on ALL my carry guns...both Glocks, and both LCPs.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Number one, I don't like any type of light on my gun unless I can turn it off easy or cover the light. I don't think that I would want my finger nowhere near that barrel when I'm trying to hide the beam. Plus like others above me posted, nothing good can come from you changing out major parts to your gun with after market parts.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the info about experiences, and I also appreciate the opinions. I did do my homework on this so I'm confident. But I will stress test it to be sure.

I'm a big laser fan and have used them before they were acceptable. I know a lot of purist don't believe in putting stuff on a gun, but, I see the military and SWAT uses anything they can get their hands on that improves their survivability. That's for me. I find them very helpful. Not only in shooting, but mainly in dry fire practicing.

I have Crimson Trace on my Colt 1911 and on my S&W 60 revolver. I have rail mount TLR-2 on my Glock 23 and I have a laser on my 45ACP semi-auto rifle. I have a Laserlyte sight laser on a Glock also. Plus a couple cheapies on some 22's.

I have half a dozen in my basement that didn't work. I guess I'm just a glutten for punishment. Sort of like having a box of holsters, if you know what I mean.

The thing about a laser is getting it parallel to the barrel. If it isn't then your sighted in for just a certain spot in the distance. If you have a Crimson Trace or a rail mount, move back fifteen feet from where you have it sighted in and you'll see what I mean.

The idea behind the recoil laser is; it is about as close to the barrel as you can get. If I stand back 15 feet or 30 feet it's still sighted in. I'm not concerned beyond that. Beyond 30 feet I'll be running not shooting.

I will follow up with a range report after I've run it through the ringer, for anyone who is interested.

I have my CT set for 25 feet. the light will hit anything from 25 to 1 just fine.
    yes, there is a parallax error. but I also do not plan on shooting anything over 25 with my defensive weapon. the light is for quick target acquisition and non standard firing positions. it can easily do that out to 25.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    The idea behind the recoil laser is; it is about as close to the barrel as you can get. If I stand back 15 feet or 30 feet it's still sighted in. I'm not concerned beyond that. Beyond 30 feet I'll be running not shooting.
    - I sight all of my Crimson Trace lasers for 25'. All of them are in the black circle at 50'.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "Replaced factory recoil spring, recoil guide rod and take down lever and spring."

"Theres a reliability issue when you start replacing the innards of a perfectly good weapon."

Actually the LaserMax parts all meet or exceed Glock factory specs so that is really a non-issue with the parts that need to be swapped out to install a LaserMax.
    Thank you. I agree.
    Laser-Max is very careful about R&D. That is why you don't see one for every pistol.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I have the Lasermax guide rod laser on my S&W 5903. It works great and has never turned on by itself. I think you will be very pleased with yours. I wish they made one to fit the 6906!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    ... Plus like others above me posted, nothing good can come from you changing out major parts to your gun with after market parts.
    In my 'live n' learn' segment of life with guns, I would agree...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have had one in my G30 for about 7 years,
    only problems I have had was when it started to get dirty after many rounds... but the after shoot cleaning took care of it...

I replace my batterys about 2 times a year to make sure they work when needed.

I would love to put one in a few others... I hope they come out with the green laser for the new ones...

feel free to PM me with any questions.

As usual we have the 'hate them' crowd and the 'love them crowd'. Is there anything we can all agree on? How about, 'love guns'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links