Buying through Gunbroker.com

This is a discussion on Buying through Gunbroker.com within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone has purchased through Gunbroker.com, and maybe Osage County Guns, a gunbroker dealer. I was going to join Gunbroker, but they require ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying through Gunbroker.com

Buying through Gunbroker.com

Just wondering if anyone has purchased through Gunbroker.com, and maybe Osage County Guns, a gunbroker dealer. I was going to join Gunbroker, but they require a credit card on file just to join. Seems strange to me. I'm looking for a Springfield EMP, and I can't find one anywhere, so I thought I'd try Gunbroker. What has been your experience?
    Thanks all.

2. Remove Ads

You don't need to join Gunbroker to do a search. Here's a result or two for you...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I have not tried gunbroker but have purchased two through gunsamerica.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I've made several successful purchases through GB. Check the seller's ratings first and do your homework! Read the seller's terms too and follow them.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I have used Gunbroker on several occasions to purchase firearms. Each transaction went smoothly, and with no problems at all.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I've purchased 2 handguns & 2K+ rounds of ammo collectively over time, no problems. Just make sure the seller you are considering has a reasonable # of feedbacks (not a newbie) with 99% or better rating, with fair S/H fees. Read ALL the fine print & "Snipe On".

I didn't have to use a credit card to create an account to purchase, but you do need to provide credit card info if you're going to use your account as a seller, which will incurs fees ... but that was over a year ago, may have changed since. Check it out again strictly as a buyer, not a seller.

As noted above, you can search the site without setting up an account, or logging in. Years ago, I was an eBay power seller, so I kinda dig the auction process, but it's not for everyone. Lotta great deals out there if you do your homework & are patient.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Do they still have to send it to a local dealer for pick up?
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I purchased 3 firearms from GB in the past 10 months without any problems. I second all advise given by others.

Make sure that you take into account the shipping and ffl charges, which may not make the deal worth it for you if you can find the desired gun locally for about the same price.

The other thing is making sure that the seller is not in the same state as you because you will have to pay any applicable local taxes on top of everything else.

Good luck!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I too have used gun broker, if you follow the above advice you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarplayer View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has purchased through Gunbroker.com, and maybe Osage County Guns, a gunbroker dealer. I was going to join Gunbroker, but they require a credit card on file just to join. Seems strange to me. I'm looking for a Springfield EMP, and I can't find one anywhere, so I thought I'd try Gunbroker. What has been your experience?
    Thanks all.
    There is an EMP for sale on this forum.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Do they still have to send it to a local dealer for pick up?

Yes, any legit seller must & will insist on shipping only to your local FFL.

S/H charges + FFL fees on an auction purchase negates the sales tax on a retail purchase from a local retailer.

Avg. s/h fee is $25, some lower, some higher. I have a local FFL that charges $10, so when budgeting an on-line purchase, I add $35-$40 to my purchase price to cover these 2 costs.

If I were to purchase a $500 firearm from Bass Pro, 8.25% local sales tax is $41. To me it's a wash on $500, so now you're down to just the price of the equivalent gun on-line, vs. local retail. A $900 gun is $72 in sales tax, but still $40 in S/H & FLL fees. So the higher the gun is above $500, the greater the differential between the 2 scenarios.

As noted above, just be sure you're not paying both s/h, FLL fees, AND sales tax on your on-line purchase from an in-state seller, unless the deal is so good that it's still worth it.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

I bought a rifle on gunbroker. No problems at all. Think of it just like you would think of ebay, which is to say, check the seller's ratings and if they have high ratings you should be fine.

Senior Moderator
    I have used gunbroker and have had 0 problems
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

My Gunbroker transactions have been universally successful. I just keep getting exactly what I want at a price I'm willing to pay without the b.s. involved with gunstore purchases.

I havent seen any really great deals on Gunbroker. By the time you pay transfer fees and shipping not much cheaper than local gun stores. I guess its good for a gun you cant find though.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links