New PPK

This is a discussion on New PPK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are the new PPKs as prone to jamming as they were some time back? I've always wanted one but when I look at them seems ...

Thread: New PPK

New PPK

Are the new PPKs as prone to jamming as they were some time back? I've always wanted one but when I look at them seems most dealers bring up the rep for jamming. I wanted some feedback from anyone that has a late model in 380. Just one of those guns I've always wanted to own but never have.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

2. Remove Ads

I went through this same dilema a month ago and went with the Sig P232 instead from what my research showed and I am happy with the decision. At leasdt check themout
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I bought my son one a couple months ago and it hasn't jammed once...I really like this little pistol..PPK's sell pretty quick in my area..one of my buddies bought a P232 and he has had jamming issues..been real ammo picky...accurate tho...

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I went through this same dilema a month ago and went with the Sig P232 instead from what my research showed and I am happy with the decision. At leasdt check themout
    +1!
    I have a P232 too and love it. I would rather have it than any of the micro-380's. Sure, it's not as easy to carry in your pocket (but I do, in a custom made pocket holster) but it is easier to shoot accurately and can handle +P ammo without thinking about it. And to me, +p in the 380 is a big plus...pun intended. Buffalo Bore with 90 gr Gold got hollow points at 1200 fps from a 3.5" barrel...oh yeah! That's 288 ft/lbs which is more than standard 38 spl from a 4" and more than 38 spl +P from a snubby!

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Some PPKs still have feeding issues - but nowadays, you have Smith and Wesson to fix your problems for you - and they have excellent customer service.

Great little gun. The newer models made by Smith and Wesson arent too bad. Some have issues, but most are fine. Break 'er in with a few hundred rounds (if you can find em!!) and you'll love it. Alot of people complained of slide bite with the earlier, non S&W PPK's. The S&W models have longer beaver tails, and all but eliminated the problem. When ya get it, I want pictures! PPK's are gorgeous!

Links