Kahr P380 frame flaw

Kahr P380 frame flaw

This is a discussion on Kahr P380 frame flaw within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and a new Kahr P380 owner. Well after taking the brand new gun out of the box and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr P380 frame flaw

Kahr P380 frame flaw

Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and a new Kahr P380 owner. Well after taking the brand new gun out of the box and inspecting it, I noticed that the right side of the frame towards the barrel end has noticeable flaws which resembles some rippling and unevenness. The other side is flat and smooth.

I know it probably will make no difference in how the gun shoots, but for $600.00 I would like a gun that looks new. I have contacted Kahr and will probably send the gun to them. I don't think it's fair that 999 out of 1000 guns are uniformly built and I get the one with an irregularity in the polymer frame.

I will put up pictures later (when I find the cord that connects to the computer) to show. Thanks for allowing me to whine

I also have a p380 and after reading your post, I checked mine out closely
    looking for a similar flaw but none there... Kahr should no doubt make it
    right for you but doesn't help with the aggravation factor..
    BTW, my p380 is an outstanding piece of work, especially the way is shoots and the accuracy amazes me. Glad I waited and didn't go the cheaper route.. This one is a keeper and I am now trying to sell my Mustang... but for a pretty price.

Thanks for responding to my post cavnamvet. Here are some pictures hope you can see the area in question. You can actually feel the ripples when running a finger over them.
    Attached Images

It probably wouldn't affect the performance of the gun, but I would return it for one without the defects. You paid for a gun with no defects, you should get one that way. I would think that Kahr will make it right. Now if they offered to knock $300 off the price, I would consider keeping it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I would contact Kahr. They have great customer service and will make things right. I have two polymer Kahrs (PM9 & P380) and neither one looks like that.

Yikes!

I don't own a Kahr, but that doesn't look good.

They'll probably take care of it, though. Heard nothing but good about them so far.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Did you buy it sight unseen, if so and it's brand new, why not return it to the dealer you bought it from? The dealer should replace it.

GM
    Kahr has a great customer service ; I am sure they will help you fix the problem.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Did you buy it sight unseen, if so and it's brand new, why not return it to the dealer you bought it from? The dealer should replace it.
    Agreed, IF he has stock in house. Will save the trip time to/from the factory.

Yup, I bought it from Gun broker, sight unseen. I never would have chose this ugly duckling with these looks if I had the opportunity to see it first. Don't know if I want to hassle with the dealer, or send it to Kahr. Either way, this baby is going back.

That aint right for sure...

Call the Kahr CS and ask for Ian. explain your concerns and e-mail him pics of the problem area. They will make it right.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Distinguished Member
    Fobs, I wish you well on this. I've owned one Kahr and had issues with it. I no longer own it but not because of the product. I've had issues with a Sig that I still own. My single issue is their customer service. Nothing short of pathetic. It began with being forced to ship overnight to them, at my expense, or they charge $40 immediately to return the gun. Next, no consideration was given to reimburse me for shipping. Then came the inability to communicate with me as to the status of the repair. This was followed by them keeping the gun for weeks (3-4), I cannot remember. I will give them credit in one area; When they finally returned my repaired P40, they gave a clear explanation of the repairs and they were extensive. I just can't be kicked that hard without reacting. I can't buy their products again and that's a shame. They've got some good stuff.

I wish you well.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Fobs View Post
    Thanks for responding to my post cavnamvet. Here are some pictures hope you can see the area in question. You can actually feel the ripples when running a finger over them.
    That looks like a bulls butt sewn up with a log chain. Hard to believe something that obvious would pass multiple inspections.

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Fobs, I wish you well on this. I've owned one Kahr and had issues with it. I no longer own it but not because of the product. I've had issues with a Sig that I still own. My single issue is their customer service. Nothing short of pathetic. It began with being forced to ship overnight to them, at my expense, or they charge $40 immediately to return the gun. Next, no consideration was given to reimburse me for shipping. Then came the inability to communicate with me as to the status of the repair. This was followed by them keeping the gun for weeks (3-4), I cannot remember. I will give them credit in one area; When they finally returned my repaired P40, they gave a clear explanation of the repairs and they were extensive. I just can't be kicked that hard without reacting. I can't buy their products again and that's a shame. They've got some good stuff.

I wish you well.
    +1 I love their products and while some have reported good experiences with their customer service, my own experience in dealing with them was mediocre at best. They did wind up paying for shipping to them, but only after having expressed concern about having to front the bill. They had it a week too long; since it was there, I thought I'd have some night sights installed to further justify the trip. They have to contact you for billing information to pay for the sights and install fee - which is completely expected, but after leaving a voicemail for me, the tech became almost impossible to reach by phone. Left many VMs over the span of a week, until I decided to call the main customer service number and guess who picks up? The amazing disappearing Kahr service tech took the info and was not the least bit apologetic about causing the delay. They even charged me $40 for the installation of the sights, even though one of the issues with the pistol was it having a slightly bent front sight from the factory. I gave in after a respectful inquiry as to why I was being charged for the installation of an upgraded part to replace an incorrectly installed one. So they got my $40...wonder what their profit would've been on the P9 and MK9 I am no longer planning to buy?

When I got it back about two weeks after shipping it, it was repaired, but the exterior of my magazine button was worn and dinged up; it was pristine when I sent it to them. Called them up and talked to a better tech this time; he was talking about reshipping it to MA to remedy the problem, but after relaying my experiences with their service, he offered to ship me a replacement for no charge. Maybe it depends on who you talk to when you call, but as I understand, the guys on the phone are not the ones performing the repairs.

I hope your experience turns out better.
    Glock 19, 26 & 36 | Kahr K9 & PM9 | S&W M&P9c, 642 & 640 | Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What you have there, my friend, is an infamous "Monday/Friday" gun. Someone in QC wanting to take off for the weekend skipped over this one.

That's one negative vote for Kahr.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links