range report pm9

range report pm9

This is a discussion on range report pm9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I've added a Kahr PM9 to my growing collection of concealed carry weapons. I wish I had bought it first instead of messing around ...

Thread: range report pm9

range report pm9

Well I've added a Kahr PM9 to my growing collection of concealed carry weapons.

I wish I had bought it first instead of messing around with the Kel Tec's, P11/PF9/P32. I could have paid for it once instead of twice.

This little gun is amazing. I put about 100 rounds through it (I know I've got another 100 to go before it's proven). But, I used FMJ to start off, no problems. Went to Hornady Critical Defense, no problems. Went to Speer Gold Dot +P, no problems. Went to Cor Bon JHP +P, no problems. Went to Cor Bon Pow'rball, no problems.

It was actually pleasant to shoot. I expected the punishing recoil I got on the PF9 but was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if it's the different shape to the grip or the additional ounces that makes the difference. Maybe both.

The trigger is light pull, I'm guessing about 4.5 pounds. It is the same pressure throughout the pull.

I am partial to the Glock trigger, but apparently Glock isn't interested in a true pocket pistol. Too bad, they could own the market except for you guys who absolutely hate Glock.

This happens every time I try to be cheap. I end up buying the cheap one AND the expensive one. If I spent the money I spent on the cheap ones right away on the expensive one I could have saved money.

At any rate, after a year of trying I'm set with a Glock 26 for winter and it appears a Kahr PM9 for summer. I won't rule out the H&K P2000SK for winter as an alternate. It's trigger is more likend to the Kahr PM9. I have the Sig P238 in 380 for ultra light carry. So I'd say I have a good stable. And, I have a Taurus Slim that I like a lot also, but I prefer the Kahr, at this point.

In all fairness to Kel Tec, I am making progress with the P11. After doing the trigger alteration trick from their forum. It does have nice capacity. But after 350 rounds, it's still not reliable. As for the PF9, I'll let you know when I get it back from Kel Tec for it's second trip.

I do have a tendency to shoot left, with all my guns. I've tried all possible finger positions and no help. I know I'm anticipating. With a revolver you can dummy a chamber, but with an auto how do you do that when your alone at the range? I'm a counter and when I load the mag and when I fire I count. Automatically. So trying to fool myself will not work. Any help?

VIP Member
    Good report . I don't know why Glock is allergic to a single-stack 9...

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    I know I'm anticipating. With a revolver you can dummy a chamber, but with an auto how do you do that when your alone at the range? I'm a counter and when I load the mag and when I fire I count. Automatically. So trying to fool myself will not work. Any help?
    Have someone load the magazines for you and randomly load a few snap-caps.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Sponsored Links