Firestorm pistols - Page 2

Firestorm pistols

This is a discussion on Firestorm pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 rwojcik, what kind of ammunition failure? even though I was thinking about the Firestorm, I see the Bersa Thunder is basically ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Firestorm pistols

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    rwojcik, what kind of ammunition failure?

even though I was thinking about the Firestorm, I see the Bersa Thunder is basically identical.
    I have a Bersa 380 semi auto and it is made by the same folks who make Firestorm. These are the newest (cheapest in price but premium in quality) these are the pistols for you. They will not disappoint you. I have both a Bersa 380 semi auto and a Firestorm .38 hammerless with brushed nickle finish to it is much like brushed alumnium but a little heavier. With a .38 cal pistol you want that extra weight to ease up on the kick back. Both of mine work flawlessly and I carry mostly the little six round .38 for my personal protection. The Bersa 380 is OK to use but remember every semi-auto is going to kick out an empty cartriage with ("your finger prints on it") as the revolver does not. Nothing illegal but I don't want anything to do with firearms that discharge shells with my fingerprints on it unless I can pick every one of them back up off the ground. If I did have to use my weapon as I am in a power chair and a simple rolling target for some, I would sit right there after I shot the perp along side their body untill the Police arrived. Always remember this. It is always important to own at least three firearms. Anytime a firearm is used and a death is involved, including protection your home, person or even if it is involved in a suicide, the Law Enforcement agancy removes it and distroys it as that is Federal Law created by the FBI.

Specifically, I was interested in the mini-firestorm in .45.
    I had a mini 45 firestorm and it was a great pistol and I wish I had never sold it. Check with bersachat.com and ask around to get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by damudbug View Post
    remember every semi-auto is going to kick out an empty cartriage with ("your finger prints on it") as the revolver does not.
    And every firearm is going to kick out bullets with the gun's "fingerprints" on it.

If you aren't doing anything illegal, what difference does it make?
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Does anyone have an opinion on the Firestorm line of pistols? Function, reliability, etc.

They look like they are made to order for me, and the price is right, but I don't want to get stuck with a paperweight or a handful of manure when the poop hits the fan.
    It,s a great little gun, have had no problems with it, I bought it when they first came out, I use it as my back up gun you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra6 View Post
    It,s a great little gun, have had no problems with it, I bought it when they first came out, I use it as my back up gun you just never know.
    I'm pretty sure the OP has his answer by now, this thread is 9 years old lol.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Thanks cobra6, and great job finding this old thread!
    nightsonge likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I also had a Mini 45 (stainless slide) that I wish I'd never sold. It was a very reliable, accurate, smooth shooter. I carried it OWB in a Gazelle Holster. I'll get another one or a Thunder 45, one of these days.

So, update us, did you buy it?

I'm a bit of a Bersa fan, own others don't keep any gun I don't love. I have 3 Bersa's that says something.

Firestorms, as I understand it,were built by Bersa for a different importer, Eagle Imports got shipped complete guns, Firestorms were assembled here in the USA from Bersa shipped parts. Different trigger guards, grips, but essentially the same guns.

My equivalent is the updated version though, Thunder 40 Ultra compact pro, excellent firearm. but quite a few updates since the one in question would have been produced.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

at one time, Firestorms were available West of the Mississippi, and Bersas East. Had to do with some squabble back in Argentina, and the different supplier agreements here in the U.S.

Not sure if that is still the case, but I was never able to acquire a Firestorm here in Florida a few years back as no Florida supplier had them and no one would ship a Firestorm to my FFL in Florida.

guns are basically the same with a few cosmetic changes. Made in the same factory from what I understand.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

VIP Member
    Thanks cobra6, and great job finding this old thread!
    ^No doubt!

Dracula's blood is oozing from this thread.

3rd gen Smiths are a better bet, IMHO. Unless .380 is what one is searching for.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array michael t's Avatar
    Firestorms only in 380 now in America Only Firestorm in CA Eagle not paying to have pistol retested be cause they changed a sight or some other small part. I think Firestorm runs out 2016 in Ca. The 1911's were made by Llama Then Llama closed they were made by at factory that makes American Classic. The 1911 was discontinued couple years back. Why have 2 of same different name going against each other.

If need mags for the Firestorm Contact me and I will give you the place to buy

Now heads up Remember the LLama little 1911in 380 Its coming back will be made in Philippines by Metro Arms . At present trying to get thru the red tape to import. Always a pain.

Have a Bersa or Firestorm American Classic or Metro Arms 1911 come vist my place Bersachat.com see sig line for link.
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links