Wilson CQB back from Arkansas

This is a discussion on Wilson CQB back from Arkansas within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Run across this CQB at a recent gun show and had to have it! Sent it to Wilson's for a few added features. I had ...

Thread: Wilson CQB back from Arkansas

Wilson CQB back from Arkansas

Run across this CQB at a recent gun show and had to have it! Sent it to Wilson's for a few added features. I had the Ambi safety changed to left side only, shortened and recessed the slide stop and had sight groves cut on top of slide. I've installed Crimson Trace grips and put 300 rounds through it today at the range. WOW!!!http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin.../dancinguy.gif
    Wilson's Combat was great to work with, did the work exactly as promised and within the quoted time frame. Could not be a happier customer.http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin.../vol_1/yup.gif

12 Gauge
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...1&d=1273790489

Attached Images
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

NICE :)

Sweet! I'd like to visit Wilson's some day. Heck, they're only a couple hours drive away! Glad it got back to you in one piece.....we've been getting torn up with storms here lately. Best of luck with it!

The CQB Compact is a very nice gun, but the grip is a bit short for my large hands. I actually had one before getting what I really wanted...a stainless Professional, which also has the 4" slide but the full length grip. I picked mine up at a dealer many years ago and sent mine back to Arkansas as well. I did not care for the three different texures on mine, (sand blastted slide top, brushed flats and bead blasted frame) so I had them bead blast the whole gun. According to my CS guy, they had never done this on a stainless gun and he showed Bill the final result. He said that Bill really liked the look and decided to offer it as an option. All I know is I love the look as well. I have since added a Smith and Alexander Mainspring housing/mag well and flat bottom grips. I also had the gun de-horned. This gun shoots amazingly accurate with Federal 230gr. Hydrashoks but I practice with Mag-Tec 230gr. FMJ since they are much cheaper. I also handload a load similar to the Federal and luckily all three shoot to point of aim. Here is my Professional.

This is a closer look at the bead blast texture when I first got the gun back.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Very nice!!!

12 GA
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Senior Moderator
    How long did it take?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Very nice! I have a little CQB Compact that I carried for awhile. It needs refinishing (the green paint shows lots of holster wear) and I may just do what you did. Free tip: Keep up with your magazine springs. The slides cycle so fast on these little guns, especially with hot self-defense ammo, that they are highly prone to last and second-to-last round jams when mag springs get weak. I found that out the hard way, shooting mine in an IDPA match. Happpily, those targets didn't shoot back. A good remedy is to replace the firing pin stop with a flat-bottom one from EGW, which slows unlocking and gives you more margin for error with weak mag springs.

Very nice little shooter.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Hot guns....it was 4 weeks to the day, including to and from over night shipping. Matt was the CS guy and was very helpful!

12 ga

GM
    You really are a lucky guy! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

You have youself a 'quality' 1911 there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links