Para Carry 9

This is a discussion on Para Carry 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found this on another forum, asked for pics, offered a really, really low price and the seller took it. Gun, two mags, IWB holster, extra ...

Thread: Para Carry 9

VIP Member

Para Carry 9

Found this on another forum, asked for pics, offered a really, really low price and the seller took it.

Gun, two mags, IWB holster, extra set of grips.
    Have never fired the LDA trigger. Does anyone have any experience with them? Should be a neat little gun to play with if my wife doesn't claim it first.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

I had a para 45 lda for awhile(babysitting it for a friend in iraq)
    it feels like it sounds, light double action. really light. and not much of a break. It just short of glides and then boom. Never felt anything like it. It was actually somewhat pleasant in a strange way.............you'll see i guess.

How much did you get it for?
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

VIP Member
    $550 for everything. Plus shipping to my ffl.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I had a Companion LDA 45 for a while. It took some getting used to, but was a good shooter.

I don't want to throw water on your fire...but if he took a real cheap price for it...get ready to send it back to Para...add another $75 bucks to your price for shipping. I had a very bad experience with the LDA's last year and lost my butt on them....para's CS is the worst in the gun industry. My LDA was so bad that they couldn't fix it...they had to replace it...then I traded it for a Slim Hawg that was even worse!!! On my LDA...the finish was flaking after a week (no carry) and it jammed and when it shot the hulls it you right in the forehead...Para wouldn't cover the finish...said it was carry wear.... I really hope this one works for you...cause I don't want anybody to get the same knot in the gut feeling that I got when I realized that Para didnt care about me spending $1000 on a lemon.

VIP Member
    Will have to see when I get home or have the wife go shoot it. As I said have no experience with them at all. If it is a lemon will get it fixed or trash it and chalk it up to lesson learned. As far as the low selling price he needed money right now to fund another purchase but hopefully all will be good.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    I don't want to throw water on your fire...but if he took a real cheap price for it...get ready to send it back to Para...add another $75 bucks to your price for shipping. I had a very bad experience with the LDA's last year and lost my butt on them....para's CS is the worst in the gun industry. My LDA was so bad that they couldn't fix it...they had to replace it...then I traded it for a Slim Hawg that was even worse!!! On my LDA...the finish was flaking after a week (no carry) and it jammed and when it shot the hulls it you right in the forehead...Para wouldn't cover the finish...said it was carry wear.... I really hope this one works for you...cause I don't want anybody to get the same knot in the gut feeling that I got when I realized that Para didnt care about me spending $1000 on a lemon.

That's no way wish some one luck with a new firearm.......shame on you!!!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Buddy...I was real excited when I got mine...I loved the look and the feel of the pistol...I wish some one had given me some advice about them...would have saved me over $400...I do hope it works...they are the perfect size for CCW...I really hope it is good...

VIP Member
    Good Luck with it. Let us know how it works out. I always liked the Para 9.

VIP Member
    Just talked to the seller again. Asked him some questions about reliability and so on and he couldnt tell me much.
    He stated that "I bought it new and carried it on occasion but never fired a single round out of it."
    so I guess I am getting a carried a little, shot none gun for a really low price.
    I did not question just told him go get me the total with shipping.
    Anyways will see how it goes my wife is excited about it the size of a J frame, roughly, magazine fed, can be safely carried locked and cocked, with more power than her Sig 238.

DM Bullard maks a neat OWB holster for it... if its ok you got a great price for it..even if you have to send it back you still got a great price!!! Either way its gonna work....

I have 2 of the Para LDA's. A full size single stack .45 and the compact carry .45. I have had NO trouble with either one of them. I shoot IDPA with the full size. Carry the compact. The compact does tend to throw the empties kind of up and over the head, but has not been a problem as yet. You can get good or bad ones with any brand. I hope yours works out as good as mine.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I had a 6lda and really liked that trigger. Only got rid of it because I was getting out of .45 cal. I never had any issues with that gun and I have been thinking about a carry 9. Good looking gun and I'm sure the wife will love it.

Links