Range report: Glock 19

This is a discussion on Range report: Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fired my G19 for the first time today, my first carry weapon. Put 100 rounds through it, at 25 ft I was able to mostly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range report: Glock 19

Range report: Glock 19

Fired my G19 for the first time today, my first carry weapon. Put 100 rounds through it, at 25 ft I was able to mostly hit the black and some on the edge of bullseye. at 50 feet I was at least able to keep all of it on on the body shaped target, some hitting the black circle. Getting better but much more practice is needed.

I am gonna go clear her up now . still thinking of that PM9 for an EDC gun though and making this baby my weekend warrior or nighttime carry, I dress very lightly most of the week!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    ... still thinking of that PM9 for an EDC gun though and making this baby my weekend warrior or nighttime carry, I dress very lightly most of the week!
    Get a CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe holster and try it with your 19 before you buy another gun. You will be surprised how comfortable and concealable this combination is! I had the same thought process as you and found that I could carry the 19 anytime I wanted to - even when dressed lightly after I got the CrossBreed holster.

The Comp-Tac MTAC has also been just as highly recommended.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Yes, the MTAC is the same hybrid design as the Super Tuck. Either will give you the ability to carry the Glock all day, everyday comfortably - no matter how you dress.

BTW welcome to the Glock owners family.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own both M-Tac and Crossbreed holsters. They are both great, but for me, the one soft piece of leather and the wider stance of the Crossbreed makes it a little more comfy.

I also like the fact that Crossbreed offers a 10% discount to NRA members and they are a sponsor here on this forum.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

VIP Member
    Fired my G19 for the first time today, my first carry weapon. Put 100 rounds through it, at 25 ft I was able to mostly hit the black and some on the edge of bullseye. at 50 feet I was at least able to keep all of it on on the body shaped target, some hitting the black circle. Getting better but much more practice is needed.

I am gonna go clear her up now . still thinking of that PM9 for an EDC gun though and making this baby my weekend warrior or nighttime carry, I dress very lightly most of the week!
    I have said this a million times, a g19 is a great firearm, but it's big for CC. You will end up not carrying as much because of the hassle.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

which is why I will get a PM9 later :D I fired that as well, it will def be my next weapon
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I have said this a million times, a g19 is a great firearm, but it's big for CC. You will end up not carrying as much because of the hassle.
    Glock 19 + CrossBreed Super Tuck = no hassle (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I carry a G19 every day comfortably and I'm a little guy.. No problems at all with the size.. I use a Wilderness Belt and a Raven Kydex holster.

The pm9 for edc and the glock for nighttime carry like you mentioned is an excellent plan. I have both guns and often carry the pm9 with my g19 for going downtown or at night.

I have both the PM9 and the Glock 19. Both great guns. If I had both in front of me and the shtf, I'm grabbing the G19 first. BUT, the PM9 with Crimson Trace and night sights is in my pocket in it's DeSantis Nemesis holster everyday without fail.

Living in the deep south where it's hot and humid about 8 months and shorts and t-shirts the most comfortable attire, the PM9 is the better carry gun, for me. Smaller, lighter, I sometimes forget it's in my pocket.

I need to get one of those CrossBreed Super Tuck IWB holsters for my G19 and see how it works for me.

Good luck, you've made 2 good choices IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    Glock 19 + CrossBreed Super Tuck = no hassle (for me)
    Same here, sure a smaller single stack 9mm would be nice but GLOCK doesn't make one yet...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Great gun!...and with the right holster, ANYTHING can be carried.....I like pocket carry a lot so I often go with a smaller gun....but many carry a Glock 26 and the 19 is the same, just longer and taller but no thicker.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Congrats on the G19 and the PM9 will also be a great choice
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I have the G19 and find it very acceptable as a CC in a Highnoon Public Secret holster in appendix carry. Remember to stage that trigger after each shot. A lot of folks release the trigger all the way when they should release to the first set making the trigger stroke lighter and shorter. This will help tighten your groups.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links