• I carry two guns.

Votes: 70 27.2%
  • I carry three guns.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I carry more than three guns.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I choose not to carry.

Votes: 1 0.4%

EDC Poll: Do you carry more than one gun?

10K views 89 replies 67 participants last post by  EvilMonk 
#1 · (Edited)
My CCW instructor (former Navy SEAL and currently a police officer / SWAT team leader) told us, "One is none, two is one, and three is best." I can see carrying two, but I currently only carry one (XD45c) due to money restrictions.

So, how many guns do you carry daily?

(I searched for this topic, and I couldn't find it, so here it is).

#3 ·
Usually one with a spare magazine, occasionally two. :wink:

#48 ·
Same for me

#54 ·
OTHERWISE the administrator will make you change your name!:danceban::danceban:...................JUST kiddin' brother!

#11 ·
Back and forth to work I carry Two, Kahr P45 (.45) with Two extra mags and a Kahr PM9 (9mm) in my Maxpedition bag, or as my wife calls it my man purse.

Not going to work, if dressed right, just the P45, if in shorts and t-shirt the PM9, which recently took the place of my Keltec P3AT.

#13 ·
Do you have a good thick belt and decent holster? I only ask because I carry an XD45c with 11 rounds of 230gr .45 plus a spare mag of 13 rounds, and I don't find it weighs me down at all. My belt takes care of the weight, and unless I'm sitting down, I can barely even tell I have it on.

I'm not picking on you or anything, just trying to help! :smile:

#18 ·
Only one on my person. Now, if I were carrying for combat my sidearm would be a backup to my rifle. One is plenty enough for sensible SELF DEFENSE, despite what forum commandos gun rag scribes might say. Of course, if you are in a high risk job then 2 may make more sense.

#21 ·
I should (and will edit in) that my instructor was a Navy SEAL and is now a police officer / SWAT team leader.

So yeah, I'd say he has a high risk job!

#19 ·
I carry one. But I plan to carry two, when my finances improve.

#20 ·
I carry two everyday. Glock 30 IWB and M&P 340 on ankle. :comeandgetsome:

#22 ·
I was a Recon Marine, and LE for the last 22 years, as well as certified instructor of mall ninja art forms, and stiil thinks its over the top to go grocery shopping or knocking around on my own time loaded down like I am going into combat. I am not trying to start an arguement, just exercising my right to freedom of speech in an open forum, by participating. I don't care what people carry, or how much. Ijust think its over the top to carry 2 weapons on your body if you are not in a high risk job. And I'll tell ya somethin else, if you do carry an armory around right now, I bet you don't do it for long. After awhile common sense kicks in about the time youe sciatic nerve starts talking to ya and you start be a little more realistic about what you really need to get walmart and get back home. Most people who talks this talk, do not walk the walk.

#23 ·
Great post glockman 19mm .. I'm LE for the past 43 yrs and don't remember not carrying a gun 24/7.. but as you so correctly pointed out, if you go too heavy, pretty soon the gun is left at home or in the glove compartment.. important to remember, always bring a gun to a gunfight!

#30 ·
I agree with Glockman10. 1 handgun and 1 extra magazine is plenty for me since I am no longer in the service and no longer an LEO. :boese51:
Keech

#32 ·
My primary weapon is a 1911. But about 70% of the time I also carry 2'' S&W. It depends were I'am going and doing that dictate what I carry.I got comfortable doing that.I'am not a small man and I have awareness and the mindset to do this.I know it's not for eveyone. I do spend time in the desert doing my drills.The people from Arizona on this site well tell you, be prepared when you go play in the sand.As said before, rifle is real good backup. :tumbleweed:

#36 ·
Just curious, not being from AZ, what is the danger of being in the sand as it pertains to your post? Are you refering to the sand causing your primary weapon to jam? If that is the case, then I could see the rational in having 2 weapons, and probably a good cleaning kit.

#38 ·
I'm a revolver guy from quite aways back and even though I switch out between wheel guns and autos, I will almost always carry a j-frame as a backup to any auto I carry. Sometimes its two j-frames or my GP100 and my M36. Sometimes it is just my M60 or just the M36. As you can tell from my avatar, I like (and carry) my 3" M60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.