Sig P250?

This is a discussion on Sig P250? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about my next purchase being the Sig P250, I held one a couple of months ago and really liked the feel of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P250?

Sig P250?

I am thinking about my next purchase being the Sig P250, I held one a couple of months ago and really liked the feel of it. I was wanting some feed back on this pistol from people who own or have shot them. I guess I want to know your overall views on the pistol and if you like it as a carry weapon. I think I am wanting the Compact or Sub-Compact version. I have always carried a .45 but I think I will go with the 9mm for a change. Any replies are appreciated, Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    I am thinking about my next purchase being the Sig P250, I held one a couple of months ago and really liked the feel of it. I was wanting some feed back on this pistol from people who own or have shot them. I guess I want to know your overall views on the pistol and if you like it as a carry weapon. I think I am wanting the Compact or Sub-Compact version. I have always carried a .45 but I think I will go with the 9mm for a change. Any replies are appreciated, Thanks.

I am a PRIOR owner of a P250c in 9mm. One word.. Jamomatic. It had a terrible balance, long trigger pull, and the only thing it was good at was jamming. Two trips back to Sig and the problems still were not fixed.. Now about all the light primer strikes... I traded it in for a Glock 19.. Talk about night and day.

Hate to hear that, I figured it would be pretty reliable being a Sig.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The P250 had its teething problems when it first came out. If I were you I'd surf on over to SIGforum, where there are a lot of P250 threads---including, I believe, a long sticky in the SIG Pistols area.

Find out what current users think of them. My impression is that things have gotten a lot better, but you'll get better info over there.

Good luck! I will say the couple I have dry-fired impressed me with the trigger pull, for all that I am not a DAO fan.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    The P250 had its teething problems when it first came out. If I were you I'd surf on over to SIGforum, where there are a lot of P250 threads---including, I believe, a long sticky in the SIG Pistols area.

Find out what current users think of them. My impression is that things have gotten a lot better, but you'll get better info over there.

Good luck! I will say the couple I have dry-fired impressed me with the trigger pull, for all that I am not a DAO fan.
    Thanks I will check it out.

Distinguished Member
    I've shot the 40 cal compact. I am looking to possibly purchase the compact 9mm. It has a good hand feel and I like the magazine release.

That said, it is really hard to find holsters. My husband has the 40 cal, and he has found that the XD9 holster is an ok fit.

FYI, there are some new mods to the p250 (one involving the magazine), so see exactly what they are and if you want the old or the newer version.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    That said, it is really hard to find holsters.
    I've read that the P250 compact fits well in P229 leather. I cannot confirm that firsthand, though.

My P250c has been flawless...2 years, 1000+ rnds...never an issue. I love its simplicity, ( especially takedown ease) and its extremely smooth DAO trigger.

I carried it for a year but realized much more difficult to conceal in hot summers when wearing t-shirt and shorts...I actually pocket carried it a few times in shorts (with large cargo pockets).

I decided to try to research and find a smaller 9mm I could conceal easier during the summer months...after much research, (and firing small nines) I found the Walther PPS9.

My cousin has one...it is her first handgun. I shot it with her for the first time. I took my P228. My 228 is the definition of balance and accuracy, love it. The 250 had a long horrible trigger pull, but does come with night sights standard and is Sig accurate. Were it not for the trigger, I would buy one...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Don't be tainted by the results one person had. The P250 may have had some teething problems in the past, but, they sure run well now. I go on the Sig forum very often, and have not heard of any problems with reliability. In fact, I just read a review and the guy has 14,000 rounds through his without a single problem. If I hear any complaints from users, it's that they don't care for the trigger. You have to like a double action revolver-like trigger. Younger users who grew up on pistols as opposed to revolvers may have a dislike for the 250 trigger system. But it is extremely light and smooth.

I own two of them. Both in 9mm, a subcompact, and a compact, and they have been 100% reliable.
    This is what I like:
    Lightweight, Empty gun only weighs 24 oz. sub 25 oz compact.
    15 rounds compact mag, 12 rounds sub mag.
    No unnecessary controls, carry hammer down.
    Second strike capability
    Smooth light DA trigger, better than my S&W revolver with over 10K rounds through it.
    Comes with Sig night sights
    Very accurate

If you were to buy one, I'd recommend the Subcompact. It's a smaller package, just as accurate, and it will accept the larger capacity P250 magazines, but they will stick out the bottom. I use them as a spare carry and range use.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I love my P250! I also carry a P220. I got my 250 in the 40SW because I am not a big 9mm fan and 45 is just to high to shoot all the time. I thought that I would use it as a practice pistol, it has become my carry. It is very accurate, easy to clean and light. As to the comment made about 229 holsters I have a 220 carry that I have a 229 holster for and the 250 WILL NOT fit into it. I did purchase a Desantis that was made for it and love the holster. I also want to note that the 250 has become the choice for the Federal Air Marshal Service, and from what I hear on the test is that it was as good as the 229 that they were carrying. I will say that if a Federal Agency carries a pistol then I trust it, not because it is the feds but because of the grueling test the weapons have to pass. So far Sig and Glock seem to be the choices. So far I have no complaints from mine. As for the trigger very smooth DA only and I really like SA pistols (even though 220 is DA/SA). I really prefer the trigger of 250 over Glock Striker Fire action, just my personal choice. I shot today and almost all 100 shots dead center in a 3 inch group at 15 yards. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. If you like it go for it.

VIP Member
    I had one for a short time. I think they are a bit underrated if you ask me. I just could not get past the DAO trigger, it worked great for quick 5 yard and under shots, but longer shots are a bit more of a struggle to keep the sites on line because of the long trigger pull.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I had one for a short time. I think they are a bit underrated if you ask me. I just could not get past the DAO trigger, it worked great for quick 5 yard and under shots, but longer shots are a bit more of a struggle to keep the sites on line because of the long trigger pull.
    I always think of a handgun as a short range defensive tool. The shortest distance at the range I belong to is 11 yds., and I have no trouble with double taps at that distance.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I always think of a handgun as a short range defensive tool. The shortest distance at the range I belong to is 11 yds., and I have no trouble with double taps at that distance.
    You are 100% correct and 7 yards and in are where it counts. I still like to shoot at 25 every now and then though! haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

For long range shots, you can "stage" the trigger...pull until it almost breaks, pause, re-align your sights, fire. You can get really quick doing that with a bit of practice.

I've dry fired the Sig 250 at the gun store. If I didn't already own Glocks, I'd seriously consider one.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links