Subcompact Gun Owners for CCW

This is a discussion on Subcompact Gun Owners for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been shooting my Glock 27 subcompact, that I recently acquired, with night sights. In my quest, I held and shot many of its ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subcompact Gun Owners for CCW

Subcompact Gun Owners for CCW

I have been shooting my Glock 27 subcompact, that I recently acquired, with night sights. In my quest, I held and shot many of its competitors. Many guns came with extensions for the magazine but the Glock did not. However. I personally did not enjoy shooting with an extension.

I have been shooting with my fifth digit/pinky tucked under the grip and feel no problems with control. I have an average sized hand wearing 8.5 surgical gloves (I am a doctor).

Do you carry with extensions or not?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

2. Remove Ads

Pearce grip extentions.
    Have one on my G26. Pinky fits perfect, and the added bonus of one more round.
    Molon Labe

I have extensions on both my G26 mags. I don't think they are needed for defensive purposes however I like to shoot my CCW guns a lot and it definitely makes the grip more comfy.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

P2000sk 9mm. I use the 13 round USPc/P2000 13 round mag with a flat base plate and X-grip.

I carry an XD sc, and I prefer to shoot it and carry it with the flush fit magazines.

Adding a pinky extension makes it longer, and length in the grip is what is the most difficult to conceal.

My feeling is, if you want a full size grip, you might as well buy a mid-size or service size carry pistol.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    When carrying concealed an extended mag makes hiding that much more difficult, however at the range for practice they are great. I too carry a HK P2000sk, but only with the original 10 round mags. For range time I use USPc/P2000 mags.

My wife carries her Glock 26 with a Pearce grip extension on it.

For multiple rounds on target acurately and quickly, having that third digit on the grip (grip extension) really helps. Yes, one can shoot good with out the extension, but if you add it and try your multiple shot strings for acuracy and speed, I think that you will notice a difference.

But then you have the concealment side of the equation also.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I've got two G26 mags with the Pearce and two mags bone stock. Depends on what I'm doing as to what I use.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    This is what I use on my Glock 27. You still wrap your pinky under the grip, but this device gives you more leverage. It's called the GAP extension.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

+1 on the GAP extensions...added control without the length.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Do you carry with extensions or not?
    On my old Kahr PM9 (since sold), I did not carry with the extensions. Simply shooting with the 7rd magazines made it plenty nice to handle extended range sessions.

On my Kahr P380, I do carry with the extensions. Each of the magazines has the Pearce floor plate replacements.

On my NAA 380 Guardian, I do carry with the Pearce floor plate replacements.

On my KelTec PF-9, I do carry with the Pearce floor plate replacements.

On my Kahr CW9, I carry it normally, without extensions.

On my H&K P2000SK 9mm, the factory 10rd magazines have a decent floorplate (pinkie) extension. That seems good enough.

On my STI Shadow (Officer's sized) 1911, if I end up carrying it then I am planning to carry normally, without the X-Grip extension. I think I get plenty of grip with the Wilson 7rd magazines and mid-size floor (0.350") plates. Certainly, the 8rd mags with the X-Grip sleeve would provide greater purchase, but I don't think it will be necessary.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

G26 (same size as G27) is my EDC. I do not have extensions. I, like yourself, have adjusted my grip on the 26 by placing my little finger beneath the base plate of the mag. I have no control problems whatsoever. If the grip is uncomfortable for someone when shopping for an EDC and trying to decide on the G26, then I encourage them to buy the G19. It will give them the full grip, is only minimaly larger than the G26 and very concealable. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckledragr View Post
    I carry an XD sc, and I prefer to shoot it and carry it with the flush fit magazines.

Adding a pinky extension makes it longer, and length in the grip is what is the most difficult to conceal.

My feeling is, if you want a full size grip, you might as well buy a mid-size or service size carry pistol.
    I agree with knuckledragr, I have the XD 40 SC and use the smaller of the two mag sizes for cc. I use the larger for the range!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    This is what I use on my Glock 27. You still wrap your pinky under the grip, but this device gives you more leverage. It's called the GAP extension.

T A C T I C A L A D V A N T A G E
    I use the Pearce PG-26XL extensions on my G27 mags. I can shoot it well for 50 rounds without them but they add so little to the overall size it became a moot point not to use them. Makes a big difference at 100 rounds.

However, after looking at the GAP extension that Freedom uses they may be a good compromise.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I use Glock +2 extensions on my G26.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links