G26 Range report.

G26 Range report.

This is a discussion on G26 Range report. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like it! Ran 200 rounds through it. 100 WWB, 50 Speer lawman and 50 federal HST's (My chosen defense round). All ran through great ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26 Range report.

G26 Range report.

I like it! Ran 200 rounds through it. 100 WWB, 50 Speer lawman and 50 federal HST's (My chosen defense round). All ran through great minus one tiny error that could have quite possibly been my fault. The slide failed to lock back on one of my rapid fire mags. It's quite possible that my thumb was on the slide release.

The gun is accurate and easy to handle/shoot. I was grouping everything about 2 inches right and high right. I didn't have anyone else shoot the gun so I'm not sure if it was me or the sights but I would venture to say me as this isnt the first gun I have shot that way.

Overall I am extremely happy with the gun. The gun points EXTREMELY well and I was able to rapid fire point shoot from 30 feet better then I thought was possible. I also really like the Glock trigger. The gun feels great in the hand. All in all I am extremely happy with my purchase. I can really feel the difference between my Glock and both of my previous Taurus's
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I'm happy you're happy.

los
    Good range report, in deed.

My G26 was extremely accurate for having such a short barrel. I was always impressed by that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The gun is accurate and easy to handle/shoot. I was grouping everything about 2 inches right and high right. I didn't have anyone else shoot the gun so I'm not sure if it was me or the sights but I would venture to say me as this isnt the first gun I have shot that way.
    Rollo, by chance, are you left handed? I am, and every new gun I shoot, I pull the shots to the right. Some high, some low. It is like a left hand curse. Eventually I get used to it and I start shooting them better. Most are fixed sights too, and just yesterday I figured out where I like the drift adjustable rear sight on my SW40VE, all the way to the left. That is the only gun that I have needed to adjust.
    Good luck. You're going to love the Glock.

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    Rollo, by chance, are you left handed? I am, and every new gun I shoot, I pull the shots to the right. Some high, some low. It is like a left hand curse. Eventually I get used to it and I start shooting them better. Most are fixed sights too, and just yesterday I figured out where I like the drift adjustable rear sight on my SW40VE, all the way to the left. That is the only gun that I have needed to adjust.
    Good luck. You're going to love the Glock.

Ceapea
    Nope, right handed.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I like it! Ran 200 rounds through it. 100 WWB, 50 Speer lawman and 50 federal HST's (My chosen defense round). All ran through great minus one tiny error that could have quite possibly been my fault. The slide failed to lock back on one of my rapid fire mags. It's quite possible that my thumb was on the slide release.

Overall I am extremely happy with the gun. The gun points EXTREMELY well and I was able to rapid fire point shoot from 30 feet better then I thought was possible. I also really like the Glock trigger. The gun feels great in the hand. All in all I am extremely happy with my purchase. I can really feel the difference between my Glock and both of my previous Taurus's

Where is the trigger making contact with your finger? It could be that you have a little too much pressure on the left corner of the trigger, kinda pulling the muzzle to the right.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

It is a sin to covet! It is a sin to covet! It is a sin to covet! Alright got that off my chest... Congrats on your new gun.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

I have the G26 and love it. As I mentioned in another thread I have the 12 round extension and I have the 18 round mag from it's bigger brother with the sleeve to fill the gap. 18 rounds for home defense. 12 rounds for the range, and 10 rounds for concealment. What flexibility. Mine shoots anything I feed it, including my reloads. Can't ask for better.

Funny, I shoot all but one or two of my guns low left. Whatever I'm doing your doing the opposite. The only thing is I know what I'm doing I just can't train myself to quite. I'm anticipating and jerking the gun. I see it clearly whenever I have a failure to fire in my reloads. I've tried the Jeff Cooper surprise training. I've tried different parts of my trigger finger on the trigger. If I move the sights over to the right to compensate I still go low left.

Good for you. There are times I wish my 26 was a 19, but for the most part the short butt is fantastic. The Pearce extensions have their place, as do the factory mags.

Need to build a new holster for mine, I'd like to carry it at 3:30 as I've eaten too much to carry comfortably at appendix anymore.

Great gun, shoots like the 19 but with a smaller frame.

P.S. Welcome to the Dark Side!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

Glad your new Glock is working out well for you. Be safe, and as always.......Glock on!

awsome! im glad ur happy with the purchase =D

with all the 9 mms i shot, i was able to get back on target fastest wtih the glock 19

havnt tried the g26...but i must next time =D

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    Good for you. There are times I wish my 26 was a 19, but for the most part the short butt is fantastic. The Pearce extensions have their place, as do the factory mags.

Need to build a new holster for mine, I'd like to carry it at 3:30 as I've eaten too much to carry comfortably at appendix anymore.
    I share your wish of having a 19. I am saving my money to get one so I have both. I love my 26, do I really need both? Yes just because, thats why! LOL! I love guns, reason enough for me..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Good range report. I also shoot low and to the left with my G26. Funny though, its only when I shoot slow. My rapid fires are almost dead on! Guess it is anticipation of the shot.

Solution:
    Shot BG faster! LOL
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links