Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy....

This is a discussion on Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kpw The Clipdraw on the G26 says a lot. Not as much as the two extra rounds of capacity on the M&P...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    The Clipdraw on the G26 says a lot.
    Not as much as the two extra rounds of capacity on the M&P
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Not as much as the two extra rounds of capacity on the M&P
    add 2 or 3 rounds, $9.95. Glock Plus Extensions by Pearce Grip
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    add 2 or 3 rounds, $9.95. Glock Plus Extensions by Pearce Grip
    Might want to add some real sights too , sorry still hate plastic ones! $9.95 + sights

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Might want to add some real sights too , sorry hate plastic $9.95 +
    I get it...you like M&Ps...I like them just fine as well...but this has what to do with the clipdraw in the vid?
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    I get it...you like M&Ps...I like them just fine as well...but this has what to do with the clipdraw in the vid?
    I am just busting balls! You are all good man!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I don't want the sear because I don't like "upgrading" parts of my gun that deals with my gun going boom
    It's pretty hard to mess up the install and a quick function check exposes any issues.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    It's pretty hard to mess up the install and a quick function check exposes any issues.
    I agree it's a simple part, it did not take long for me to do at all.

The new Viking Tactical M&P looks pretty promising. The sights are unique and may be a nice feature. I thought Straight 8's were gimmicky at first, but now I love them. I've seen an all flat dark earth M&P45 once like the one in the Magpul video and I fell in love. Now there's one available. I'll be picking one up in the next month or so.

I can say that the Apex parts are a great enhancement. The M&P VTAC will be coming with either the Pro sear or the Tactical sear (whatever that is). I'd still upgrade to the Apex sear. I've had 2 M&P's with the trigger job upgrade and it was nice, just not as nice as if it had the Apex parts.

Here's what I found on the M&P VTAC

M4Carbine.net Forums - View Single Post - VTAC M&P Pistol?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    The new Viking Tactical M&P looks pretty promising. The sights are unique and may be a nice feature. I thought Straight 8's were gimmicky at first, but now I love them. I've seen an all flat dark earth M&P45 once like the one in the Magpul video and I fell in love. Now there's one available. I'll be picking one up in the next month or so.

I can say that the Apex parts are a great enhancement. The M&P VTAC will be coming with either the Pro sear or the Tactical sear (whatever that is). I'd still upgrade to the Apex sear. I've had 2 M&P's with the trigger job upgrade and it was nice, just not as nice as if it had the Apex parts.

That is flippin sweet! RRRR now I have to get a 40!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    You know..... I just love almost all guns, and I like most people who take the time to talk about guns and make videos about guns. Some are very knowledgeable others are buffoons. Guns in general are just great. I love Glocks, I love the XD's and I love the M&P. Why not love them all if they are quality handguns. I own examples of each also, so there!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    You know..... I just love almost all guns, and I like most people who take the time to talk about guns and make videos about guns. Some are very knowledgeable others are buffoons. Guns in general are just great. I love Glocks, I love the XD's and I love the M&P. Why not love them all if they are quality handguns. I own examples of each also, so there!
    Yes!

Q: Which guns do I want?

A: Which guns can I see?

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cinsc View Post
    Yes!

Q: Which guns do I want?

A: Which guns can I see?

It’s just about that simple and rudimentary for me, my friend!

.......and that cost me a lot of do ra me! Oh well......I obsess on firearms at times .
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I don't want the sear because I don't like "upgrading" parts of my gun that deals with my gun going boom
    I tend to agree. My M&P c 45 shoots so well, and I'm so accurate with it, I don't want to change anything. Besides, the trigger has smoothed considerably after 400 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post

It says it right in the OP that it will NOT have the pro sear.

"said it would not come with the Pro Sear but "might have a tactical sear", whatever that means. Pull should between 4-5 pounds."

Sounds like a standard trigger to me. I was excited for the VTAC M&P until I saw it. The only "upgrades" are sights that are way too busy for me and might interfere with standard holsters. Oh, and it's brown. I'd rather just buy a standard model, upgrade it with apex parts, then buy warrens or 10-8 performance sights. More gun for similar money.

You're right! I must have misread and thought it said it would be one or the other.

No matter what it comes with, I'll still replace it with at least the Apex sear and probably some stoning if it's possible.

Sorry for the misinformation guys!!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links