Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy....

This is a discussion on Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but there is some great information on this video. If you are considering a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy....

VIP Member

Updated M&P9 Review by Nutnfancy....

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but there is some great information on this video. If you are considering a polymer and the options that are out there, then M&P should be up for consideration.

YouTube - nutnfancy's Channel
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

The M&P series is an interesting series of guns. They may pop up on my radar one of these days....

Thanks for posting! Sounds like a good reliable gun.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

sgb
    The M&P is making strong inroads into the LE market as it's in my opinion everything the Glock should have been.

With the addition of the Apex Tactical duty package the M&P's only deficiency has been addressed and gives one the best modern technology has to offer.

Just my .02
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I think that may be next gun. I'll likely get the compact so I can conceal it, however.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I'll be adding one to my lineup soon. I bought one with the intent of giving it to my Dad as a gift if he liked it. I didn't try swaying him in any direction and just let him shoot a CZ 75 BD, CZ P-01 and the M&P9c. He liked the M&P9c best so it's his now. While giving it its initial 300 round proof-of-function, I ended up really liking it and found it very easy to shoot with its low recoil and very good trigger. I didn't see the need for the Apex sear as the trigger already seemed pretty good to me. For my purposes, it's a defensive pistol and not a range gun so a little grit/stacking/whatever is perfectly fine.

Here's a post with pics of the compact compared to a snubnose .38 and an XD9SC:

http:M&P9c growing on me//www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-guns/99579-m-p9c-growing-me.html

Not sure why, but I have steered away from these and I love S&W revolvers and older semi's but for some reason these just dont hit me. AND I think they are feature packed for someone who wants safety options and backstrap options. I will tell you that all of the roll marking loos cheesy to me....like someone put a book on the slide and frame of the gun, so maybe that is what annoys me.....I wish I like them overall more....
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The M&P is making strong inroads into the LE market as it's in my opinion everything the Glock should have been.
    I would love to see more police departments adopt the M&P. It bothers me that American cops carry Austrian pistols. I know the Glock is a great design, but now that there is a good alternative of American design...

I am an admitted Glockaholic but picked up an M&P9 fullsize last weekend.. I really like it, Great shooter, excellent Ergo's and a very good design overall. I will dump a couple thousand through it before I am comfortable carrying it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Dang dialup makes youtube impossible!

Still tossing Glock 22 against M&P 40 when some money rolls in. Convertability is an issue as I like having many different calibers. We'll see.

I'm not much for messing with triggers unless one's really bad. For precision shooting (competitive), yes. but my haphazzard range shooting, it's not that big of a deal.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Dang dialup makes youtube impossible!

Still tossing Glock 22 against M&P 40 when some money rolls in. Convertability is an issue as I like having many different calibers. We'll see.

I'm not much for messing with triggers unless one's really bad. For precision shooting (competitive), yes. but my haphazzard range shooting, it's not that big of a deal.
    You aren't missing anything; Nutnfancy is a maroon.

I refuse to even give him the hits...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    You aren't missing anything; Nutnfancy is a maroon.

I refuse to even give him the hits...
    Sounds like you have a personal problem you have with him.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

nutnfancy is the man!! im a big fan!!!
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Sounds like you have a personal problem you have with him.

Watched one of his vids once.

At the 57th or so time he said "dood", in conjunction with his claiming to be some "taktikul oparata" with "20* years of military experience" (*I don't recall the exact amount, but I am dubious of his claims), I had enough.

That, and his knife review of a blade he'd never actually handled, but saw in a movie once.

So, nothng personal, he's a maroon with a following, and I refuse to waste my time even seeing what type of drivel he'll spew next.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I like most of his videos though some of them tend to drag out after about half an hour. He is what motivated me to start making my own youtube videos, though I have nowhere near the number of subscribers he does. I bought a few things based on his reviews alone and I can say all of them have been what he said they were... high value excellent quality products.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links