Glock 30 Question

Glock 30 Question

This is a discussion on Glock 30 Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm shopping for my next "next-to-last" handgun: a G30. Various sources make mention of the G30sf (sf being "short frame/small frame) but the Glock website ...

Thread: Glock 30 Question

Glock 30 Question

I'm shopping for my next "next-to-last" handgun: a G30. Various sources make mention of the G30sf (sf being "short frame/small frame) but the Glock website makes no differentiation; in fact, most sources only mention the G30. Yet occasional posts do mention the g30sf; one poster even exchanged the sf for a standard model G30 through Glock CS.

Can anyone address this issue? What are the differences if the G30sf does exist? Can you provide links?

Thanks.

The G30SF does exist.

The "grip" is shorter, front to back by a bit, but seems to make a big difference in feel. I've the G30SF and G21SF, and big hands.....I like the SF.

los
    According to owners over at the g-yak forum, the reported difference is the length of the grip from the finger grooves to the backstrap. It's subtle but noticeable.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    I'm shopping for my next "next-to-last" handgun: a G30. Various sources make mention of the G30sf (sf being "short frame/small frame) but the Glock website makes no differentiation; in fact, most sources only mention the G30. Yet occasional posts do mention the g30sf; one poster even exchanged the sf for a standard model G30 through Glock CS.

Can anyone address this issue? What are the differences if the G30sf does exist? Can you provide links?

Thanks.
    There were some FTRB issues with some G30SF's, which Glock either replaced with a G30 or a newer trigger bar. There were some long threads on Glocktalk forum about the issue. i have a G30 with no issues.

VIP Member
    All of the FTRB issues that I researched seemed to be among the early models. I picked up a G30SF this year and it has functioned flawlessly.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either a G30 or G30SF. If it fits your hand, go for it.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have a G30, have handled a G30SF, and frankly couldn't tell any difference. I consider my hands to be medium-sized, but for those with smaller hands the SF model may fit better. It's a good idea to handle both before getting either. You may notice the difference and have a preference for one or the other.

I've had one FTF in my G30 with factory ammo, and that was all but certainly my fault (second mag, hadn't shot a .45 or semi-auto in nearly 40 years). Not a hitch since and even my reloads feed like butter as long as I use RN bullets.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I have medium sized hands the the difference between the 30 and 30SF were very minimal to me. The difference between the 21 and 21SF however were very pronounced.

I have a 30 and like it.

link

I new to the forum , but here a link for your question, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GseWT...omeandgetsome:

To be precise, the difference between the G30 and G30sf is three millimeters off the backstrap to facilitate trigger reach. Otherwise they are identical.

All Gen 4 Glocks without the add-on backstraps are SF, 3MM shorter.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

kpw
    I have larger hands and I notice the difference. I've had my 30 SF for a bit over 2 years now. About 2000 rounds through it without a hiccup.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sponsored Links