Defensive Carry banner

Kahr MK-9 Question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mynameisFred 
#1 ·
I am looking into getting a Kahr MK-9, my buddy has one, and I shot it a while back and loved it. Great trigger and the accuracy was unbelievable for such a small little gun. My friend has had his for several years and said it's been 100%. I just don't know too much about Kahrs in general. His is the MK-9 Elite 98. I have been to several gun stores in my area and can't find one anywhere. One shop owner said they are hard to come by. I have seen several of the PM-9's but none of the all steel MK-9's. Does Kahr still make this model? Any owners of the MK-9 could shed some light on this particular model? Like whats the difference between the MK-9 and the MK-9 Elite? Reliability?

#2 ·
The MK9 should still be available, but it's not as popular as the PM9, due to it's weight. The biggest diffference between the standard MK9 and the Elite is the trigger. The Elite's trigger is much smoother.

I've had my MK9 since they were first available. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and it's been 100% reliable. I don't carry it since I carry the PM9.

#3 ·
Here is the info taken directly from Kahr's website about the MK9 Elite 2003 (the Elite 98 is an Earlier model)....

Elite 2003
The polished stainless steel finish and laser etching on the frame are available on all Kahr Elite 2003 pistols - the K9, MK9, K40 and the MK40. The lustrous finish complements our innovative designs and solid construction. The magazine well is beveled for easier magazine reloading. The feed ramp on the barrel is polished to a high luster to insure reliable feeding with all types of ammo. Laser engraving on the frame provides the finishing touch to the polished stainless steel - for an appearance as impressive as its capabilities.

http://kahr.com/PA-1_9mm_mk.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.