M&P .40 or XD .40 - For Carry with loaded chamber?

This is a discussion on M&P .40 or XD .40 - For Carry with loaded chamber? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to buy a carry gun, im interested in this two models M&P .40 or XD40 I own a CZ110 which comes with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P .40 or XD .40 - For Carry with loaded chamber?

I want to buy a carry gun, im interested in this two models

M&P .40 or XD40

I own a CZ110 which comes with a decocker and i like to carry with a round on chamber. Im used to it.

What i like of the XD40 is that it has the grip safety. while the M&P comes without a decocker, it means that i cant have a round in chamber while carry... because of safety...

What you all can recommend to me...

(i saw this comment at other related post, is what i was thinking about this two models... correct me if im wrong....

"...I have an XD9sc for my carry gun. The reason for my purchase is that I like the grip safety. The M&P comes with either no safety or a thumb safety that you have to remember to trip. I like to have a safety, but not have to worry about activating it...therefore I like the XD better."

)

Thanks!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    All you need is a holster that covers the trigger guard, and you can safely carry with one in the chamber. They won't fire without the trigger pulled. The safety is between your ears.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...bered-not.html

Here's a poll about it. There are many more topics about the subject.

will read that, i know but i like internal holsters are available for M&P?

The M&P is perfectly safe with a round in the chamber. It has internal safeties to prevent it from firing, unless the trigger is pulled. If you don't feel an M&P is safe with a round in chamber, you have a software problem, not a hardware problem. No switch, lever or contraption is going to save you if your only REAL safety doesn't work. (Your brain)
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    The M&P is perfectly safe with a round in the chamber. It has internal safeties to prevent it from firing, unless the trigger is pulled. If you don't feel an M&P is safe with a round in chamber, you have a software problem, not a hardware problem. No switch, lever or contraption is going to save you if your only REAL safety doesn't work. (Your brain)
    This.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Interesting thought!

with my actual CZ110, i dont use holster, always with loaded chamber and decocked, the truth is that i dont like to use holster! and it is true, im guessing that i need to get to know the 2 guns.

with the M&P how the trigger works? as the glock? any link for this information well detailed?

THANK GUSY!

VIP Member
    As others have said, both guns are safe with a round in the chamber. I prefer pistols that have NO external safeties. I hate trigger safeties, thumb safeties, grip safeties, squeeze cockers and any other manually manipulated safeties. If you prefer to have a manual safety, great, get a gun with one. But guns without are no less "safe".
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I chose the XD40 SC, when you pull it from the holster you automatically depress the grip safety, when you pull the trigger you release the trigger safety. Always carry one in the pipe and am safe and the gun fires when you want it to. Don't pull the trigger until you want it to go bang!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have been carrying a XD .40 subcompact with a loaded chamber, for a good while. I use a Blackhawk holster with thumb strap, works for me,

When you insert a mag to the M&P and load the gun with a bullet on chamber, the trigger goes back? or stays in first position? you just put it in your holster and go?

Quote Originally Posted by cesarel View Post
    When you insert a mag to the M&P and load the gun with a bullet on chamber, the trigger goes back? or stays in first position? you just put it in your holster and go?
    The trigger stays in the same position. When you pull the trigger, you will disengage the trigger safety which helps prevent the gun from firing if snagged.

I just double checked this to make sure I'm being accurate. The trigger WILL NOT move unless you want it to. You can manipulate the gun in any way you want, but the trigger will not move unless you pull it.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

In other words,
    The M&P can be carried around with loaded chamber?

Since you can't decock it after insert the bullet in chamber...?

I just saw in the store the wALTHER P99 (AMAZING, dont like the magazine release method dough!) but the $$$ $350 above the price of the XD. so im sticking to the idea of a XD or M&P.

do extended magazines for XD .40 and for M&P exists?

XD all the way and deff. A round in the chamber. Is there anyother way to carry? I don't want to relie on my accuracy of throwing my pistol at the b/g when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by cesarel View Post
    I want to buy a carry gun, im interested in this two models

M&P .40 or XD40

I own a CZ110 which comes with a decocker and i like to carry with a round on chamber. Im used to it.

What i like of the XD40 is that it has the grip safety. while the M&P comes without a decocker, it means that i cant have a round in chamber while carry... because of safety...

What you all can recommend to me...

(i saw this comment at other related post, is what i was thinking about this two models... correct me if im wrong....

"...I have an XD9sc for my carry gun. The reason for my purchase is that I like the grip safety. The M&P comes with either no safety or a thumb safety that you have to remember to trip. I like to have a safety, but not have to worry about activating it...therefore I like the XD better."

)

Thanks!
    Don't touch the trigger and it's safe. If you feel that way then carry a knife

Anyway an M&P is 100% safe. There's safeties in work even when there isn't a physical switch to pull/press before you pull the trigger. Also, get a good holster.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links