Sig Sauer 1911s

Sig Sauer 1911s

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer 1911s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=25&produ ctid=135 I never even realized that Sig made 1911s. I don't know if that is good or bad. I saw one in the store ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911s

Sig Sauer 1911s

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=25&produ ctid=135

I never even realized that Sig made 1911s. I don't know if that is good or bad. I saw one in the store this past week. Given the reliability and accuracy of the Sig P200 series, I figure it would translate to their 1911s. Anyone have experience with the 1911 Sigs? Reliability? Accuracy?

I am seriously considering getting rid of my Para Ordnance P14 45 (Canadian made) to be replaced with a Sig Sauer.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

VIP Member
    I have a buddy who has one as his duty gun. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but he absolutely loves it. He says he's most accurate with that gun, and prefers it to any other.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sig Sauer 1911s

I had a P220 (kicking myself for getting rid of it) and it fired anything I fed it. I recall my test shots that came with it were within 1.5 inches.

I am guessing that the 1911 should be as good or better than the other 1911s.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I've heard that the SIG 1911s are built to tight tolerances...and with some small parts and the 1911 design, doesn't necessarily translate to zero defects...

I've heard 50/50 on SIG 1911s.....I wouldn't mind having one, but I might go for a Springfield first...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I had a P220 (kicking myself for getting rid of it) and it fired anything I fed it. I recall my test shots that came with it were within 1.5 inches.

I am guessing that the 1911 should be as good or better than the other 1911s.
    A 1911 is different in it's design than a Sig P226/229/220, Glock and any other handgun of a more modern design. From what I understand, Sig makes a pretty good 1911 but I don't know that I'd hold it up to the same quality as some of the other manufacturers. There's a lot of factors that determine a good 1911 and many of them are very personal things. Most amounting to aesthetics. Any 1911 can be made functionally sound, but people tend to like to pretty them up. While I don't find myself attracted to a Sig 1911 because of how it looks and maybe some of the parts used, people use them with great success. It's a bit like a car in many ways, a 1911 is. There's luxury models that many would say do nothing special, and there's economy models that many will argue don't do enough.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Administrator
    Initially they had some function related problems but, I believe that any such problems have since been rectified now that SIG is producing everything for their 1911s in house.

Lead Moderator
    Seems I recall some problems with the early run 1911s. I'd suggest taking t trip over to SIGForum and doing a search.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    I had a Sig 1911 RCS and loved it, easy to conceal, accurate and ate anything I threw at it. Unfortunately I was forced to sale it. If I'm not mistaken Janq carries a Sig 1911.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The early run models had a recall in reference to the extractor. It thought mine had the same issue, but new mags cleared up all of the feeding problems.

It's a beautiful gun, very reliable, and true to the 1911. Mine is stainless, black grips, Novak sights.

It's on the heavy side, and I wouldn't use it as a CC. If you find one at a good price, it's a great 1911, and a great gun overall.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    The early run models had a recall in reference to the extractor. It thought mine had the same issue, but new mags cleared up all of the feeding problems.

It's a beautiful gun, very reliable, and true to the 1911. Mine is stainless, black grips, Novak sights.

It's on the heavy side, and I wouldn't use it as a CC. If you find one at a good price, it's a great 1911, and a great gun overall.
    Most commander or larger 1911s are much heavier than other options. That's not why they're carried by those who use them daily though
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I have a Sig C3 in 1911. it is one of the best .45 out of the box I have owned.

It has a compact lower on a commander slide. I like it and they are hard to find.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Lots of good information on 1911s, of all brands on the 1911 forum at:
    1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I looked at and researched several 1911s about a year ago and chose the Dan Wesson CBOB. Love it!!

Good Luck it finding the 1911 for you.
    Keech
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

My uncle has a C3 and he really likes it.

The C3 is similar to a CCO from other manufacturers.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Take a stroll over to the Sigforum, and you'll find that those who should be big fans of Sig... simply aren't.

Sig 1911's just don't have as nice a fit and trigger as many 1911s in the same price range.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links