SR9c and 1000 round mark

This is a discussion on SR9c and 1000 round mark within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally hit the 1000 round down range mark today with the Ruger SR9c. Worked great put a box of the cheapie Federal $9.97 from walmart ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR9c and 1000 round mark

SR9c and 1000 round mark

Finally hit the 1000 round down range mark today with the Ruger SR9c. Worked great put a box of the cheapie Federal $9.97 from walmart down range and another box of that now cheaper $12.50 newer Orange box Swiss stuff down range also. That stuff has a noticeable SNAP over the other stuff I was shooting(Blazer Aluminum and the Federal) almost like it was P+(felt like my Gold Dots when firing it) But it fed and ate both of those flawlessly..the only ammo this gun doesnt like was WWB so I just avoid that but EVERYTHING else ive tried works 100% no failures of ANY type!!!!

On a side note the kid put about 400 rounds of .22 LR down range with a S&W 22A and had a BLAST :) by thumbs are STILL sore from reloading mags for him..he is 10 yrs old :)

2. Remove Ads

los
    Sounds like the perfect range outing, even with the sore thumb and all... !
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Odd that your SR9c doesn't like WWB ammo - that my favorite! (I'm cheap, what can I say...).

I think the Swiss stuff is NATO pressure, so it is like +P FMJ ammo.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Do you have the full size version of the SR9? if you do, how does it compare to its big brother? I have the full size and have been toying with the idea of getting the compact.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    Finally hit the 1000 round down range mark today with the Ruger SR9c. Worked great put a box of the cheapie Federal $9.97 from walmart down range and another box of that now cheaper $12.50 newer Orange box Swiss stuff down range also. That stuff has a noticeable SNAP over the other stuff I was shooting(Blazer Aluminum and the Federal) almost like it was P+(felt like my Gold Dots when firing it) But it fed and ate both of those flawlessly..the only ammo this gun doesnt like was WWB so I just avoid that but EVERYTHING else ive tried works 100% no failures of ANY type!!!!

On a side note the kid put about 400 rounds of .22 LR down range with a S&W 22A and had a BLAST :) by thumbs are STILL sore from reloading mags for him..he is 10 yrs old :)
    I would get rid of a gun that does not like WWB, nothing wrong with that ammo as per the quality at that price point, it's tough to beat. There is no reason why your Ruger should not eat that stuff up.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

los
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I would get rid of a gun that does not like WWB, nothing wrong with that ammo as per the quality at that price point, it's tough to beat. There is no reason why your Ruger should not eat that stuff up.
    Very surprising statement coming from you, C.

The subject piece has 1K rounds down the pipe and has been reliable throughout. As is common with some, if not most semi-autos, it's a lttle finicky with certain ammo. Problem solved if you stay way from the problomatic ammo.

Where's the logic behind dumping it??

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Very surprising statement coming from you, C.

The subject piece has 1K rounds down the pipe and has been reliable throughout. As is common with some, if not most semi-autos, it's a lttle finicky with certain ammo. Problem solved if you stay way from the problomatic ammo.

Where's the logic behind dumping it??
    Sorry I did not mean to be offensive and that did not come off correctly. The only reason I would say that is because of the cost of WWB, it's just so much cheaper then most of the other brands for target shooting. How does it do with the cheap Federal WM rounds? I would perceive this as paying more to shoot a particular gun that may be a bit touchy with ammo. I am just so used to having my firearms eat anything I throw at them.

By no means am I bashing Ruger, I think they are a great brand and make fantastic firearms. Again, I am sorry for the prior post if we were here having a beer it would not have come across that way. Sometimes typing stuff does not reflect meaning very well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I Have a P-95 EAT ANYTHIG, Have'nt shot the SRc, I've shot the SR9 with WWB had no problemes, As I only put a box through one of my buds gun ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

SR-9 Durability

Please let me know how the gun holds up.
    Have a P95-DC that's ultra reliable and considering a SR-9.
    A friend recently purchased one and loves it-says "very" accurate
    and so far, no ammo issues out of three different mgf.
    Tkx
    Rick

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a good time..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Congrats, sounds like you had a great day. I like the feel of the SR9,I got to hold one at a local gun store and it felt good in the hand.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Sorry I did not mean to be offensive and that did not come off correctly. The only reason I would say that is because of the cost of WWB, it's just so much cheaper then most of the other brands for target shooting. How does it do with the cheap Federal WM rounds? I would perceive this as paying more to shoot a particular gun that may be a bit touchy with ammo. I am just so used to having my firearms eat anything I throw at them.

By no means am I bashing Ruger, I think they are a great brand and make fantastic firearms. Again, I am sorry for the prior post if we were here having a beer it would not have come across that way. Sometimes typing stuff does not reflect meaning very well.
    No problem, C. You didn't offend anyone and you're certainly entitled to express your thoughts and opinion. I respect that.

I just didn't understand the reason behind your statement.

Thanks for the clarifiation.

Sounds like you got a good one.

I love my full size. I'm also considering, very much actually, adding the compact. I would sell my XD .45 and pick up the compact. Something about the XD. Seems I can shoot the SR9 well, much easier.

I shot a buddy's SR9c and it was really sweet. Sounds like you had a great day, and congrats on the 1K mark. I just hit that mark with my 709 a couple of weeks ago. The SR9c is a great offering by Ruger. Ruger is a great company with great service. I've got 3 of their handguns. If the SR9c had come out sooner, it would be 4.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links