walther pps?

walther pps?

This is a discussion on walther pps? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone have a walther pps in 40cal? is it worth buying?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: walther pps?

walther pps?

anyone have a walther pps in 40cal? is it worth buying?
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

I'm curious about the same thing!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I've got both the 9 and 40 and yes they are worth the money. They are very well built and accurate as heck. I can honestly say that they are every bit as accurate as my full sized M&P's. I have over 1000 rounds threw my 40 and almost 1500 threw my 9 and I have had only one FTE.

One last thing, don't let anyone tell you that the back straps fall off while shooting them. There is NO way that can happen. The mag actualy locks it down the back strap

The mag release is terrific. It does not require you to alter your grip. Simply leave you trigger finger along the slide. Use your middle finger to reach straight out and press the mag release down. Very intuitive and you don't have to worry about bumping something while your carrying and having your magizine hit the floor.

I hope this helps

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have it in both 9mm and .40 and both are outstanding pistols. I carry the 9mm daily because it was purchased first. Both are so reliable they are Glock like in their boring predictability. I trust my life to the Walther PPS and would recommend them to anyone.

Are the serial numbers like the P22? For example AC0000 would mean it was made in 03.

A=0
    B=1
    C=3
    And on...
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Walther PPS

I own a walther PPS In .40 that I carry daily. It was my first purchase for a CCW pistol. I have never gone shopping again. It is completely reliable, a little snappy, but not at all unpleasent to shoot. Pretty damn accurate at point of aim, due to its European herritage.

You could do a whole lot worse than a walther.

if you remove the snap on backstrap, the gun is disabled. it's a safety that walther designed.

having to worry about a lightly retained snap on back strap come off during firing and disabling the gun is not something i'm willing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    if you remove the snap on backstrap, the gun is disabled. it's a safety that walther designed.

having to worry about a lightly retained snap on back strap come off during firing and disabling the gun is not something i'm willing to do.
    +1

Needless complication has no place on a defensive firearm.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post

Needless complication has no place on a defensive firearm.

well said

Agreed. This was the thing that stopped me from buying the walther when I was in my single stack 9mm phase.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

this is a myth! It can't happen! There is no way for the back strap to come off while shooting the gun. Pick one up next time your in a store. Insert a magizine and TRY to take it off, it won't happen.

This type of thing is realy unfortuante when people with very little knowledge on a particular product start chiming in.

Please find one instance where this has happened. I have almost 2500 rounds threw mine and not all just standing in a lane shooting at B27's. It's been threw everything short of being thrown on the ground and zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    this is a myth! It can't happen! There is no way for the back strap to come off while shooting the gun.

you willing to bet you life on that opinion?

Pick one up next time your in a store. Insert a magizine and TRY to take it off, it won't happen.

did you notice how insecurely the backstrap is retained?

Both my wife and I own 9mm PPS's and have never had a problem with the backstrap on either pistol. Being a handloader, instructor and RSO we have fired thousands of rounds through these guns. With the proper ammunition they function flawlessly. The only way the backstrap is going to come off with the magazine in place is with a pry bar. Would I prefer the firearm not to be disabled if the backstrap is removed? yes I would, but I would also prefer that a firearm not be disabled if the magazine is removed, a much more likely problem to happen with pistols of other manufacture. As far as the 9mm vs the .40, they are both fine firearms, but we personally don't like the biting recoil of the .40. The 9mm is much more comfortable to shoot all afternoon and a much better choice for most. You will not practice long enough or often enough to become proficient if the firearm is punishing.

Yes I am willing to be my life on it. I carry mine every day.concerning the back strap, I'm not asking you to believe me, I am just asking you to insert a mag next time you see one and do you best to remove it. I promise with out a pry bar or screw driver you can't do it. If they put GLOCK on the side of it would you like it more?

There was a video floating around youtube of the backstrap coming off one when it was dropped. I'll see if I can dig it up when I get to work.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links