Defensive Carry banner

My New Hiking Companion

2K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  tangoseal 
#1 ·
I picked me up a new gun to take with me hiking in case I run into wild hogs or black bear. I got an Uberti Cattlemen single action .45 LC. I love this gun. It is my first real single action revolver and I am more than happy. Really accurate and easy to handle, but powerful enough to handle dangerous predators. I think this is the perfect backwoods carry gun.

This is 5 rounds at 10 yards.

I highly recommend this gun. Its fun to shoot too.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you've obtained a beautiful and accurate revolver. I do not know why, but there is something magical shooting a fine revolver.

Got a great holster to match?

Maybe I'd start hiking and getting an excuse to purchase a fine revolver?

Stay safe and thanks for the picture.

#3 ·
Nice!
I had a .41 Mag Blackhawk in AK and afterwards until someone stole it. Really enjoyed shooting a western style SA. Your .45 LC is a potent round, especially with a good handload. I had (still have) a shoulder holster for the BH. Kept it out of the way but handy.

#9 ·
Enjoy! Nice to have a revolver, and accurate to!

#11 ·
Very nice trail gun... and it appears to be pretty accurate as well. :hand10:

:congrats:

#12 ·
I want to purchase a good trail/hiking gun...maybe later.

#13 ·
Congrats on a fine SA revolver! I've had one exactly like it for a few years and carried on many hunts. Please only shoot Factory AMMO out of it. If you will take the time to compare it's cylinder wall thickness to a say Ruger for instance you will see why you don't want to fire some hot hand load .45LC's from it. Just stay with the factory loads and it will serve you well, enjoy! Stay safe.

#16 ·
Man that is nice I am dying to get some old Colt Single Action Army with 7 1/2" barrels. I want to use that when I open carry chambered in 45 Long Colt cartridge. Lots of knock down there.

What did you pay for that pistol if you dont mind sharing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.