Went to the LGS for a new gun...

This is a discussion on Went to the LGS for a new gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking to buy another carry gun, but wasn't excatly sure what I wanted. I figured maybe rent a couple different ones and basically ...

Thread: Went to the LGS for a new gun...

Went to the LGS for a new gun...

I was looking to buy another carry gun, but wasn't excatly sure what I wanted. I figured maybe rent a couple different ones and basically pick up several in the gun cases and see which one would go home with me. I looked at Bersas, Kimbers, S&Ws, Ruger, Sigs and many more. Some felt real nice and some kinda eh! I probaly shopped for about an hour...Then I decided to get my G19 out of the car and put some rounds down range while I ponder this desicion.
    I realized that I have one of the best handguns ever made, and none of the others had that "feel" that mine has. I've got over 5K rounds with my 19, carry it everyday and sleep next to it everynight..(kinda sounds like a wife). I have so much confidence in this weapon and I'm a darn good shot with this thing, why get something else to carry??? Recently I bought an LCP and now its back with Ruger, that is on another thread I posted. My faith in that little guy now is gone...and it seems everytime I am inetersted in another gun, I read how dozens of people have issues with them. I RARELY every hear or read of issues regarding Glocks. So I made a few purchases today but no new gun...

I bought:
    Meprolight night sights
    Micro gun vault
    Hogue grip sleeve
    Galco Combat Master OWB...(SCHWEEEEET!)
    Some back up springs and recoil rod
    3.5 lb connector
    Does this happen to you ever????
    Attached Images
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sfl1972 View Post
    I was looking to buy another carry gun, but wasn't excatly sure what I wanted. I figured maybe rent a couple different ones and basically pick up several in the gun cases and see which one would go home with me. I looked at Bersas, Kimbers, S&Ws, Ruger, Sigs and many more. Some felt real nice and some kinda eh! I probaly shopped for about an hour...Then I decided to get my G19 out of the car and put some rounds down range while I ponder this desicion.
    I realized that I have one of the best handguns ever made, and none of the others had that "feel" that mine has. I've got over 5K rounds with my 19, carry it everyday and sleep next to it everynight..(kinda sounds like a wife). I have so much confidence in this weapon and I'm a darn good shot with this thing, why get something else to carry??? Recently I bought an LCP and now its back with Ruger, that is on another thread I posted. My faith in that little guy now is gone...and it seems everytime I am inetersted in another gun, I read how dozens of people have issues with them. I RARELY every hear or read of issues regarding Glocks. So I made a few purchases today but no new gun...

I bought:
    Meprolight night sights
    Micro gun vault
    Hogue grip sleeve
    Galco Combat Master OWB...(SCHWEEEEET!)
    Some back up springs and recoil rod
    3.5 lb connector
    Does this happen to you ever????
    Don't worry sfl1972 that feeling that you felt with the other guns is just the "Glock love" it's ok...i drank the Kool Aid too.

Haha on a serious note I think you just know what you like and have trust in it. I love my Glock 27 and shoot it better then anything I own. Sounds like you made some solid accessory purchases, is that Galco holster a high OWB holster? I dunno if I've ever read/seen that model.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I have never seen this model of holster also...Its rides high and MAN does it hold tight against you! And that's with a crappy belt...Gun show here next weekend, gonna get a belt then...
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have bought and sold many guns.

The one gun that stuck with me for more than two years is....

Yep the Glock 19!

After three years of owning it I still have yet to find a better carry gun.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I'm starting to realize after all of my gun purchases (15+) that all I really needed was something simple like you have. Two great reliable guns in the Glock 19 and Ruger LCP. There is such a tendency for everyone to go out and want to get the next great gun or accessory or holster when it's not really needed. People compliment me on my signature all the time and tell me that they are jealous and/or envious of the guns I have purchased to date, when in fact I'm jealous of your signature and how simple yet effective that combination of pistols is. I wish I would have stuck to the idea of K.I.S.S. a long time ago.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Diablo,
    I almost commented on your signature once also...I often here at ranges or LGS's..."you have a Glock and an LCP, that's all you need." Thanks for your perspective...
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

Nice purchases. Im headed to my LGS in a few hours to do the same thing!! :-)
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm not one of the "All Glock All the Time" type guys, but whenever anyone feels the firearm grass may be greener on the other side, they may find out it's only crabgrass.

I like my G30 and have no complaints with it. But I don't want a collection of the same firearms; I like variety.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I’ve been drinking Kool-Aid all my life but I never once stayed married to any one model, brand, or platform. That was until recently when I realized that my sensory and motor skills are not what they use to be. It was hard to believe that all those old fashion wheel guns I owned and sold would ever find their way back into my hands. Of course this time I get to pay a lot more for the pleasure...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

GM
    Enjoy the purchases.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Have and LOVE both my G19 and G26...GREAT pistols no doubt. I think if you do take the "plunge" for another handgun...look into a quality revolver(Smith or Ruger)and you'll avoid the "issues" small autos are known for and you'll have the perfect partner for that Glock. Good Luck.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

VIP Member
    It is hard to beat a G19. However, since then I've also picked up Rugers, more Glocks, S&W's, and most recently a loaded-up Springer. They're all excellent and reliable firearms, and I really do enjoy working with them all.

I know watcha mean about the G19, though. If I had to keep only one, that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by sfl1972 View Post
    I realized that I have one of the best handguns ever made, and none of the others had that "feel" that mine has. I've got over 5K rounds with my 19, carry it everyday and sleep next to it everynight..(kinda sounds like a wife).
    Yeah....well, you know what they say about the differences between women and guns....

Guns don't get jealous when you shoot other guns....

or

You can trade your .45 for two .22s
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links