OK I'm converted ...... - Page 4

OK I'm converted ......

This is a discussion on OK I'm converted ...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi DCG group, I'm new to the group and handguns, own a Beretta FS92 (given to my wife for Mother's Day!) but want a little ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK I'm converted ......

Glocks for lefties

Hi DCG group,
    I'm new to the group and handguns, own a Beretta FS92 (given to my wife for Mother's Day!) but want a little bigger gun, maybe a 40 and I like the feel, the targeting of Glocks but when I move on to practical application practice I wonder if my left handedness will slow me down. I'm sure the handedness issue has been dealt with in other threads but I want to know what other leftie Glock owners have to say. I can't do much coordinated things with my right hand...

Quote Originally Posted by justim View Post
    GOA = Glock Owners Anonymous........." hi i'm _______ and i have a glock" love ya anyway ______.
    Hi i'm GLOCKJS and I have a glock.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Now that I have my first Glock (19) I want more ! (a 21)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

The 23 is a good way to go Glock. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    So your Sig 250 is up for ADOPTION? I'd like to tell you that I would make a wonderful Sig parent. I'll invite you over to see my house. It's clean and orderly, with a big fenced in yard. Your Sig will flourish here. Let me know :) Congrats on the Glock!
    Sorry but sold it to a LEO friend for his off duty gun. The adoption was cheap but the shipping and handling oh my.... took the proceeds went out and ordered myself another 23 so I don't have to argue with my wife for visitation

Ahhhh..... GlockVader is most pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbaydoc View Post
    Hi DCG group,
    I'm new to the group and handguns, own a Beretta FS92 (given to my wife for Mother's Day!) but want a little bigger gun, maybe a 40 and I like the feel, the targeting of Glocks but when I move on to practical application practice I wonder if my left handedness will slow me down. I'm sure the handedness issue has been dealt with in other threads but I want to know what other leftie Glock owners have to say. I can't do much coordinated things with my right hand...
    I am not a lefty, but have sinister friends who shoot Glocks and like them just fine.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I am a lefty and have never had an issue with a Glock. Extended slide stop made it much easier to actually use the slide stop, although I usually grip and rip. Slight adjustment to grip and I can actuate the mag release fine, Gen 4's should resolve any of those issues regardless.

I rejected the Glock pistols a few times. After reading this and a few other forums, I have come to have a great respect for the Glock line of pistols. the purchase I will make WILL be the G23, for my carry option. I know I will not be disappointed.
    Glock 19
    Glock 23

I have the fever,

GLO, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed. Worst case scenario, if you find the G23 just isn't for you, Glocks are some of the easiest pistols to sell, their name alone sells, and they retain their value even after thousands of rounds. Post pics when you get it!

GV, I have had one in my hand, but was stuck on aquiring a SA XDm chambered in 9mm. I had a change of heart and wanted a heavier load/caliber for a carry all. I started looking at the .40, and then the Glock actually shined brighter for me. Thanks for the input, and I will post the family pics....
    Glock 19
    Glock 23

I have the fever,

"Once it hits your lips, it's so good!" - Frank, Old School
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbaydoc View Post
    Hi DCG group,
    Hi,

on the newer Glock's you can switch the mag release, but the slide stop is still for right handers. That would not be an issue if all you do is slingshot when you insert a new mag.

On the other hand, M&P's are completely ambidextrous and are very Glock like with regards to reliability. Both are fantastic and are top notch in my book. If I were to make a choice it would be an M&P or Glock third gen.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post

On the other hand, M&P's are completely ambidextrous and are very Glock like with regards to reliability. Both are fantastic and are top notch in my book. If I were to make a choice it would be an M&P or Glock third gen.
    Have an M&P45 and would highly suggest it as well. However, if the decision is between the Glock and M&P I would suggest handling both first, the M&P trigger is quite different from the Glock as far as feel. The M&P tends to be alot mushier, however Apex Tactical makes a nice sear kit that people have been raving about to clear that issue up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockVader View Post
    Have an M&P45 and would highly suggest it as well. However, if the decision is between the Glock and M&P I would suggest handling both first, the M&P trigger is quite different from the Glock as far as feel. The M&P tends to be alot mushier, however Apex Tactical makes a nice sear kit that people have been raving about to clear that issue up.
    Yeah I have an Apex in my 45, but not in my 9mm. Ever shot an M&P pro with the adjustable trigger? Pretty sweet..
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links