Thanks DC!

This is a discussion on Thanks DC! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made my first post here back in September of 09. I had just put in for my lifetime LTCH because I had let my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks DC!

Thanks DC!

I made my first post here back in September of 09. I had just put in for my lifetime LTCH because I had let my previous 4 year lapse. I was pretty much a carry n00b. I had carried before but never made it a integral part of my life. I would just strap a pistol on every once in awhile. Well, in the past 8 or so months I have gotten a TON of great information from this board and the members here. My current EDC system is by far the most happy I have been with my system since I started carrying.

I have done a lot of tweaking since I started but with the wealth of information I have got from this forum it made it a lot easier and I was able to pick up gear based off of opinions of other people in the same boat as myself. To me that is HUGE. Almost everything in my EDC kit was purchased based off information I got on this board. So....Thanks DC!

Glock 26 - Recommended by just about everyone here. Unlike my previous 2 carry gun I have total faith in my Glock.

Cross Breed Super Tuck - Again, recommended by just about everyone here. Super comfortable and the recommendations saved me from buying 17 holster I don't wear.

Stream Light Micro Stream - Recommended by many in a thread I created looking for a in-expensive light. I LOVE this light. It's not fancy but it's small and light and get's the job done. Prior to me coming to these boards I didn't even carry a light. Now I don't know how I lived without one.

Kershaw Skyline. Read many reviews and recommendations in several threads in the knife forum.

Gerber Crucial Tool - Recommended by many in a thread I created about pocketable multi tool. I don't use it a TON but when I do need to use it having it is a godsend.

Fobus Paddle Magazine holster - Only thing in my kit that I didn't really buy because of this board. However you folks were the ones that got me to start carrying a spare mag in the first place
    Attached Images
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I will add my own thanks as well. Until today I didn't understand why people ranted and raved about a good gun belt. It was something I never gave much thought to but after reading again and again about how much of a difference it makes I ordered one and wore it for the first time today and now I understand the importance and it is all because of the great people on this forum.

Rollo, what you have there is a very nice set-up. Now go and grab plenty of range time and soak up as much tac training as your wallet can pull in.

Very, very nice

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I will add my own thanks as well. Until today I didn't understand why people ranted and raved about a good gun belt. It was something I never gave much thought to but after reading again and again about how much of a difference it makes I ordered one and wore it for the first time today and now I understand the importance and it is all because of the great people on this forum.
    BAH! I forgot my belt! It's a Carl Collins. It's a great belt and another item that much like you I didn't really understand until reading posts here.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Yep, I agree DC is a great place.

VIP Member
    Rollo, What you said pretty much exemplifies what makes this forum, in my opinion, the best one out there. While forum members may not always agree with each other, we come here with a common purpose, that being self defense. We share our thoughts and knowledge in hopes that we might help someone else. Be it on tactics, weapons or equipment in general. Glad you were able to build the self defense rig you need, with our inputs.

BTW, what part of Indiana? Old Hoosier here, although I've been gone many years. Was born and raised in South Bend. My dad and one of my son's still reside in the area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Rollo, What you said pretty much exemplifies what makes this forum, in my opinion, the best one out there. While forum members may not always agree with each other, we come here with a common purpose, that being self defense. We share our thoughts and knowledge in hopes that we might help someone else. Be it on tactics, weapons or equipment in general. Glad you were able to build the self defense rig you need, with our inputs.

BTW, what part of Indiana? Old Hoosier here, although I've been gone many years. Was born and raised in South Bend. My dad and one of my son's still reside in the area.
    I live in Mishawaka which is only a few miles from South Bend. I was also born and raised in "The Bend"

Thanks DC!
    I promise to not write a full page on this, but as some of you know......I can do it accidentally. I've been on DC for a short while, and I'd been into firearms and had my permit long before I came here. Thing is.....I stumbled upon it searching for something, and now I'm here forever. It's actually made me a more complete person and a better person. I've got an actual online family that I cannot find any where else. I've been more personal on this forum than anywhere else I can think of actually. My feelings of gratitude toward the forum's existence...the people behind the scenes...the people in it, and all it means to me get conveyed in my support, and activity here...what I've gained, I can only hope to return. This forum is such a great place, I do my best to make it my mission every single day no matter how busy my schedule is to be here and give back something in return. It's not always possible for me to do this, and many times I find myself attempting to make up for the lack of it. As far as forums go.....this is the best, and most respectable, and informative place to be on the internet today to discuss what we do and it's growing all of the time. It's because of great folks, site supporters and sponsors, and the folks who made it all possible that we give gratitude. Saying "thank you" to the collective just scratches the surface, and really doesn't need to be spoken so long as you're here and give what you receive. I could say a whole lot more, but most would loose interest close to the middle of it.
    In closing.....I sincerely hope everyone here has a great Memorial Day weekend, keeps safe and out of harm's way.......goes to the range, and enjoys those times that seem to slip by me so fast these days. I'll leave you with something other than a thank you. I love you all as family, and one of the best things in my life.

VIP Member
    WTG Rollo!!

GM
    I found this forum 2009 when looking after reviews of the Browning HP. Firearms were not something new to me, but after reading some posts here I realized how huge knowledge database DC was; some people here are just amazing. For that reason I want to thanks them for all help and for being willing to share that knowledge with other people. Thanks Rollo for bringing this topic up .
    I wish everybody a great Memorial Day weekend!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I came here having carried a firearm in a CCW role for nearly 6 years. I read and study about every gun publication coming and going and consider myself in the know on most of the current stuff out there. That being said, I learn something new every day. I consider it an invaluable resource in my CC package. Congrats on finding what works for you. It will become such a part of your life you will feel weird not having it with you.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

When I found DC, I didnt feel alone any more in the feel for a need to CC. The world can be a rough place for the good citizen. DC helps even the playing field.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I'm with you guys 100%. I've had guns for 25+ years, got out of it for a long time, and just in the last couple of years really got back into it again. What I have learned here from the wealth of knowledge, experience, opinions has been one of the most valuable educations that I've ever received. I can't thank everyone enough because what I have learned here has made me a better person in how I approach situations and people. I'll try my best to make positive contributions as a way to thank you guys and pay it forward to the new folks that come here...just like you did for me. Be safe, be smart.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Rollo, I agree with you 100% and that's a great looking set up you have there.

I also want to second Ram Rod's sentiments. This is a great place.

Thank you DC!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Hey, I'm a new member also but in the brief time I've been here I've really enjoyed sharing experiences with like minded 'gun nuts'. I think I'll hang around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links