Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm - Feedback

This is a discussion on Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm - Feedback within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would appreciate some feedback from anyone that has this gun. The last post I could find in a search was dated 10/2008, right after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm - Feedback

Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm - Feedback

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone that has this gun.

The last post I could find in a search was dated 10/2008, right after the gun started to show up on dealers shelves.

An internet search shows mostly positive reviews. One or two (maybe a few more) had FTE problems and bad service from Beretta. A few more complained about loose front sights and the finish wearing off the top slide where it meets the polymer body.

I have held this gun (not fired) at my local shop. It fits really nice.

I would like to hear from anyone with a real world experience with this Beretta. Good - bad - indifferent - I do not want to part with $500 without some info from anyone that has had this gun for the past year.
    Last edited by dagored; May 29th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

2. Remove Ads

Bumping this because I too am interested in purchasing one and am interested in some feedback

I own this one....

I have only put 50 rds through this one, but it ate them and spit them out with no problems. I love the size and the feel of the balance of the little bugger. I don't keep guns that give trouble, I don't like the hassel, but I so far this is goin be a keeper. With the interchangeable back straps it will fix most any hand. I think this will be my wife's house gun, as soon as she says it good to go. The recoil is not bad for a small 9mm.
    I also have added a laser to the rail.

Also, the flip down mag extension, should be a feature on all sub compacts.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

re: PX4sc

I've got this pistol as my EDC for about a year now. No issues. I like the drop down magazine extension which gives me a more secure grip. I've put about 1500-2000 rounds through without it ever complaining. I'm quite happy with the caliber and capacity in it's small form. I like the DA/SA for carry with one in the pipe. It carries IWB comfortably at 4:00 in a Galco and OWB in DMBullard.

I have a choice of a 92FS, PPS, S&W snubbie and this one gets the EDC nod.

Thanks guys. Going to the shop now to pick one up. Dealer wants $540 for it. I guess that is not too bad. Plus, on the Beretta site, I can send for a free mag.

I'll let you know how it does, once I get it to the range.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Distinguished Member
    Just googled this, there is an interesting photo montage of similar sized guns for comparison here: Beretta Web - PX4 Storm SubCompact (how do you make a link)....oh it does it automatically.

And 13 round capacity.

Saw that cammo girl. Thanks . Gun is home.

The shop has a range and i ripped off 13 shots. Smooth. Last three I rapid fired. Nice. Happy so far.

Now to send for the free mag.

The PX4 Storm sc is under serious consideration for my next acquisition along with M&P9sc, SR9c, XD9sc and G26. That's a heck of a line-up, IMO, makes choosing fun but tough. I want 'em all
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Quote Originally Posted by dagored View Post
    Saw that cammo girl. Thanks . Gun is home.

The shop has a range and i ripped off 13 shots. Smooth. Last three I rapid fired. Nice. Happy so far.

Now to send for the free mag.
    Glad you're happy with it. I think they look pretty neat myself. Congratulations on your new purchase

Distinguished Member
    We looked at these today. Like a muscle car of guns. If it was a dog it would be a pit bull. Sturdy, stout, but small package. Congrats.

Thought you might find this link interesting.

Thanks Ananael.

Going to the range this morning and putting a few hundred rounds thru the Beretta. Can't wait.

EDIT: Range was closed for a Pistol Shoot. I should have checked the schedule. Will try again Wednesday.
    Last edited by dagored; May 30th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

I bought one, just because I really liked it. I didn't plan to carry it really.

However, the more I shot it, etc..... it soon became my main carry gun and still is.

It shoots great. Siize, etc. is great, and it will handle any ammo I throw at it. No flaws, no problems, and I absolutely think it's a great gun. It earned my "if I had to put my life on it " gun.

Just returned from the range. I had a great time. I have to learn to just squeeze lightly on this gun. I kept shooting low and made sure I had someone watch me.

I kept pulling down. I keep anticipating a heavy trigger like my M&P Compact 40. Long pull and you need a heavier finger.

Not on the Beretta, after the first shot, the trigger travels very very easily and (how do I say this??) releases farther back. Not used to that.

Not one misfire or FTE. I used WW, Blazer, and an $8 box of ammo from Cabela's . Everything went thru the gun.

But, as I reloaded the mag when i was leaving, the last couple of bullets would fall out. Right. Fall out.

The spring was not coming back up. The local deputy sheriff(they use full size Storms) and a few other seasoned veterans decided it needed to come apart.

The spring and insides were dry as dust. A little lube and everything is now fine. Just to be safe, took apart the other mag and worked on it. I will be back out Wednesday to practice.

congratulations!

congrats on the new pistol. I was amused when you said the last few rounds fell out of the magazine. I am waiting for the spring to 'loosen' 'cause the 12th and 13 round is tough to get in the mag !

Wasn't "DagoRed" the chaplain in the original M*A*S*H book ?

pictures of mine and it's holster in the gallery tab above, don't see easy way to link to it directly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links