Need opinions on a gun for sale...

This is a discussion on Need opinions on a gun for sale... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a guy selling his Springfield XDSC 9mm used with 150 rounds, and the stock XD gear. He is selling it for $450. Any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on a gun for sale...

I found a guy selling his Springfield XDSC 9mm used with 150 rounds, and the stock XD gear. He is selling it for $450. Any thoughts? Good deal? She will be a safe queen and occasional carry. I currently have. A Glock 30 for EDC.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    I found a guy selling his Springfield XDSC 9mm used with 150 rounds, and the stock XD gear. He is selling it for $450. Any thoughts? Good deal? She will be a safe queen and occasional carry. I currently have. A Glock 30 for EDC.
    450.00 is a decent deal. Not great but pretty good. That being said...If you already know that you won't really get a lot of use out of it and it will just be a safe queen I would probably save your money and spend it on something you may possible get MORE use out of.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Not a good deal here in Ohio. The shop I usually buy from has them brand new for 399.99. They have 9mm for 9.99/box. used new guns handguns hunting gear shooting supplies shotguns rifles pistols revolvers - cheap guns new used Handguns Hunting Gear men & womens Apparel Footwear Used guns usually sell for 75% of new cost

Quote Originally Posted by mj40p View Post
    Not a good deal here in Ohio. The shop I usually buy from has them brand new for 399.99. They have 9mm for 9.99/box. used new guns handguns hunting gear shooting supplies shotguns rifles pistols revolvers - cheap guns new used Handguns Hunting Gear men & womens Apparel Footwear Used guns usually sell for 75% of new cost
    WOW! Selling for 500.00 here and not a box of 9mm in my area to be had for under 13.00. I need to move...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Excellent gun, average price. The XD9SC is a honey to shoot and easy to carry. VERY accurate and totally reliable. You can't go wrong with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    WOW! Selling for 500.00 here and not a box of 9mm in my area to be had for under 13.00. I need to move...
    Vances is one of the largest gun shops in Ohio. They have 2 shops one in Columbus and one in Hebron about 25 miles east of Columbus. They used to be a grocery store that sold guns out of a small corner of the store. They are always very busy,you have to take a number and wait. They also do 6 months same as cash. If your ever around Columbus it is worth checking out. The shop in Hebron is called Buckeye Outdoors.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Bad price.

Save yourself some money and order your new compact here

Springfield 9mm 3" SUBCMPT ESSENTIAL for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $439.00
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    My buddy bought one for that price new here in michigan! didn't come with ammo though so take off $25.00 bucks... but used???? IDK about that.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

A safe queen for $450? All I want to do is to ask why? For $450, I'd want a lot more out of a pistol than just to look at and hold. I've got to shoot everything I have once in a while or they're just taking up space. Kudos on your current EDC by the way. Had a G30 of my own for a few years until the time came when it wasn't getting out of the safe enough or carried. That's the reason someone else has it today. It just didn't work out for me and what I wanted. I'm still Glock to the core though, and what works for me.

VIP Member
    With the economy in a tailspin it’s easy to find some good deals. The exception is small towns like mine. The dealers usually end up buying used guns for penny's on the dollar, because people just don't want the issues that could arise from a private one-on-one transaction. The dealer turns around and re-sells them for way above market value, and typically get it!
    Last edited by Saber; May 31st, 2010 at 04:48 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    With the economy in a tailspin it’s easy to find some good deals. The exception is small towns like mine. The dealers usually end up buying used guns for penny's on the dollar, because people just don't want the issues that could arise from a private one-on-one transaction. The dealer turns around and re-sells them for way above market value, and typically get it!
    I hope to be in the market soon, but it's a slow process. In the end, I'm not going to screw over my fellow man like I've seen others do. I'll just make a living because I know after I'm done whatever I have can't go with me. One of the best reasons for me getting into the retail business is to put a finger in the face of those out for blood. I'll do it in due time. That's my mission in this life.

I paid $350+tax ($375'ish) for my used XD-9sc. No box, no XD-gear garbage, and 1 mag. Used XD's for sale are fairly rare around here though. Seems nobody wants to part with them and for good reason.

Well, I talked him down to $425, and she looks brand new. When I say "safe-queen" all I mean is that it will be a gun that stays in the bedside safe where I keep my G30 stored at night. She'll go with me to the gun range, and it's the gun my wife will be shooting at the range, and if she ever comes around to being comfortable enough with it, she might get her CWP. Basically, it's the house gun for my wife when I am away at school or the hospital as I finish up my nursing degree. I always have my G30 with me everywhere I go, and I need something at the house for her to protect herself and our daughter when I am away.

I preferred to get a Glock, but my wife didn't like the way they felt in her hand. And ultimately if she's going to be using it, she needs to be comfortable with it. Anyway, thanks for input everyone! I've had a hard time tracking down a new one, and the only place I found one was $519 before tax, so that's about $565 after tax...so it ends up being a decent deal...here at least.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

I wouldn't take that deal. Granted I live in Texas and prices may be cheaper here but I find them new in 9 mil and .40 for $400.

Get him under $400 and it's a deal in my opinion.

Also, there are more cost effective options for her in terms of a home defense weapon. Get her a Maverick 88 for under $200 or a Mossberg youth 20 gauge for about $230. A 20 gauge with 3 buck is quite potent.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Price is too high IMO.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links