LCP magazine extender (from Sliponby)

This is a discussion on LCP magazine extender (from Sliponby) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Impact Ruger LCP +1 Grip Extension Here is the LCP extension that Sliponby mentioned on another LCP thread. I thought it was worth it's own ...

Thread: LCP magazine extender (from Sliponby)

Distinguished Member

LCP magazine extender (from Sliponby)

Impact Ruger LCP +1 Grip Extension

Here is the LCP extension that Sliponby mentioned on another LCP thread. I thought it was worth it's own headline.

Anyone used it?

2. Remove Ads

As stated in an earlier post, I have 2 mag extenders from Impact guns that replaced Pierce extenders. I have run 100+ rounds alternating mags with no issues. When you put 2 mags side by side, one with Impact Gun's and one with Pierce extender, the Impact Gun extender is no more than 1/8" longer at the front edge. I, for one, like 7+1 better than 6+1 anyday. With my spare mag, that's 2 more rounds that might come in real handy someday (hopefully never).

With all the LCP owners out there, I'm surprised you didn't get any responses or feedback...
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

EW3
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a small pocket pistol in the first place?

I had the Ruger pinky extensions on my LCP, but found I shot it better with the standard flat mag bottom, plus it fit in the pocket more easily.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a small pocket pistol in the first place?
    I agree. I would only use an on a spare magazine. I would hate to actually increase the length of the grip since that's the hardest part to conceal for pocket carry.

I'm also a little hesitant to mess around with things like magazines due to feeding reliability, etc. I usually wait for a factory extra capacity magazine if I'm going to use one.

Are you supposed to use the stock mag spring with these things? If so, I'd also be leery of long term reliability.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

They look ok. I bought the Pierce extensions, but don't use them. They didn't fit well and they caused feeding problems.

I'm going to stick with the original 6 round mags.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I'll stick with stock magazine, I bought the LCP to have a tiny gun, not lots of rounds. It is good to have choices though, so I'm glad people are designing these types of things.

I pocket carry my LCP with the mag extension (7+1) with no problem. I guess it depends on how you carry it and how deep your pockets are.....
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Devil's advocates

One thing I like about this forum is that members are willing to offer their thoughts and opinions, even if they differ or go against another. Hey, I'm all for it. I will never cut off my nose to spite my face. I appreciate honest dialogue that helps everyone.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I'll experiment with a new product such as these Impact Gun's mag extenders for the LCP and, by no means, am I anywhere close to being a firearms expert.

Today I ran another 100 rounds of Monarch FMJ (finally the local Academy Sports got some .380 ammo in stock) using both mags with the +1 mag extenders from Impact guns, without issues. That's 200 rounds w/o issues. I really don't notice a big difference when carrying in my Nemesis pocket holster.

Believe me, I want the most reliable system I can have should someday the shtf. An intregal part of that system is number of available rounds. I'm just looking for any advantage I can find without sacrificing reliable performance. So far, these +1 mag extenders have performed flawlessly, although on a limited basis.

I would love to hear from others who have tested these mag extenders and report their results. Be the Devil's Advocate
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

15 round mag

Promag makes a 15 round magazine. I bought one because I thought it would be funny
    at a pocket pistol match to reload and have this extra long magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecucmgt View Post
    Promag makes a 15 round magazine. I bought one because I thought it would be funny
    at a pocket pistol match to reload and have this extra long magazine.
    That would've been fun to see.

I can totally see the advantage to having a higher capacity second or third magazine.
    Nothing unreal exists

nice.....

Links