XD's in 357sig

XD's in 357sig

This is a discussion on XD's in 357sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of you guys or gals have one? What do you like? Dislike? One thing I do know is they are not very common. I ...

Thread: XD's in 357sig

XD's in 357sig

Any of you guys or gals have one? What do you like? Dislike? One thing I do know is they are not very common. I am thinking mostly about the Tactical 5" version purely for the increased accuracy and sight radius, but am unsure as to what else a 5" barrel is going to give me in this caliber except maybe more FPS. I also like that it's an ounce or two heavier than the service models. Have the XDm's in 357 hit the market yet?...or what is the ETA?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Any of you guys or gals have one? What do you like? Dislike? One thing I do know is they are not very common. I am thinking mostly about the Tactical 5" version purely for the increased accuracy and sight radius, but am unsure as to what else a 5" barrel is going to give me in this caliber except maybe more FPS. I also like that it's an ounce or two heavier than the service models. Have the XDm's in 357 hit the market yet?...or what is the ETA?
    Don't believe there are any plans of the XD-M in .357sig. There is really no need or market for it I believe.

.357sig is a great caliber but it is rather uncommon. Ammo is harder to find for this selection. It is more power than is needed for competition and is more expensive than 9mm.

As a defense load it is rated to be excellent, still, not many choose it as it doesn't out perform 9mm or .40sw enough to justify the cost?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    If you want a XDm in .357s, you'll want to buy the XDm40 and get a conversion barrel.

I'd say the estimated date of release of a factory XDm357s is the day after never...

Or, you could just get a Glock 31, and have one less round.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    As much as I like the 357sig round to me it is like a 10MM I would have no problem owning either, just don't cuz can't stack ammo like I can with my 45, 40, 9mm etc. It is a shame the round didn't take off better. It has great balistics but the lack of ammo makes it a reloader only piece in my opinion. Glock makes a great 357 sig. But for the XDM I love the 3.8 40 S&W. thats the winner in my book.

Sponsored Links