glock 23 or 27

glock 23 or 27

This is a discussion on glock 23 or 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; which would you buy glock 23 or glock 27?...

View Poll Results: which would you buy glock 23 or 27?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • glock 23

67 54.92%
  • glock 27

55 45.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: glock 23 or 27

glock 23 or 27

which would you buy glock 23 or glock 27?
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

G27, I like the smaller frame. If you get into more detail though, for most applications the more logical choice would be the G23.

So I say decide which one to get FIRST then get the other second.

Glock Certified Armorer

Both actually, but the 27 for concealed carry for sure. I have a 22 and 27instead of the 23. Matter of which fits the hand best.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I already own a 27 so I had to vote for it. It is a firearm I truly enjoy carrying. I do carry 3 extra magazines though since I'm limited to 9 rounds per magazine.

The G27 uses "ALL" Glock .40 S&W magazines, the 23 can't use 27 mags. want more grip on your 27? well, get it.

May I add, eventually I bought a G23 also. It's a sickness

Since I purchased my G23, I stopped carrying the G33. It's almost as easy to conceal.

I did cheat a little, the G23 has night sights, and I prefer them over the standard glock sights on the G33.
    Knowing is half the battle.

I have both. Its really a matter of personal choice. They both conceal well. The 27 can use any .40 cal mags. If I could only choose one it would probaly be the 27. You can add grip extensions for better feel and use longer mags, or use the standard mag for maximum conceal carry.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I would, and did, get the G23 first. Then follow up with the G27.

But, it really doesn't matter.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Well, I went against the current stats and said a G23. I have both a G23 and G27, and my CC life basically started with the G27, and I'm carrying the G27 a lot so far this summer even though I can conceal the G23 just as well in other places. Why did I vote on the G23 over the G27? Several reasons actually. Many folks just don't take well to the sub compact Glocks especially in a major caliber like the 40 S&W. Once they are dissatisfied, they now hate Glocks....all of 'em. Glocks simply don't work for everyone either, so this compounds the integration with the pistol. Lastly, I simply think the compact models (G19, G23, etc...) are just absolutely the best package in the Glocks, and should be the most adaptable to all users overall on average. A used Glock is not difficult to sell if you think you want a Glock for sure, and a G27 doesn't work well for you, then there's more options to choose from and if you kind of wanted to like a G27 a little bit more.................get a G23 after you sell the G27. Some folks could be able to just get into a G27 and the winds of fortune start to blow immediately. Myself, I'm thinking this is not so common as it might be with the G23. A lot of folks wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting into the 40 S&W caliber with a pistol as light as the Glock. I like the Glocks, and I like the 40 S&W. They've made me a better person with the combination. The G23 just hits the sweet spot for me more than any other Glock I've had or currently own. I can actually lick my palm after shooting it and taste sugar. My G27 takes the hard line, and it's all about business...licking my palm after shooting it and I taste salt and sweat. Good luck with your decision on the Glock of choice. Remember, you can change it later, or keep it and get the other.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbahoundog View Post
    May I add, eventually I bought a G23 also. It's a sickness
    Sickness? Or disease? Just let me know if we need to start a 'Glocksters anonymous'. I'm sure we could start a NPO and maybe pay less taxes somehow. Maybe even our insurance carriers would foot the bill for our rehab (range time?....Rx ammo?). A light bulb just came on in my head. Not always a good sign, but something to pursue further. Gotta put my sunglasses on now ('cause it's a bright light!). Glock on!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I love the size of the 23 and the 40S&W round, capacity is more than the 27, as well as little bit longer barrel for added accuracy and less muzzle flip....
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I agree with Ram Rod on the G23. I would do again what I did. I first purchased the G23. I consider it a great compromise and since I wasn't sure at the time, I figured I couldn't go wrong with the G23. When summer came around and it became a little more difficult to conceal, the allure of the G27 became irresistable. I still prefer to carry the G23 and do most of the time. However, in summer (just a few months here), I carry the G27 more often for concealability reasons. Recently, my wife got into shooting and commandeered my G23. To counter that I bought a new one for me. I have also added a G22 (night stand and range gun) just to round out the group.

So, if you can only get one, I recommend starting with the G23. You can always add to it later.
    NRA Life Member

glock 23 or 27

Quote Originally Posted by kane4111 View Post
    which would you buy glock 23 or glock 27?
    I bought both, but I bought the 23, first.

People say it is not that hard to conceal. It depends upon the holster, obviously. I will try the Crossbreed Supertuck Genre. As for shooting, it is reliable and accurate. Minimal recoil to me. Capacity is great 14+1. If you get the 23 first, the 27 holster works for it. It may not necessarily work from 27 to 23.

I got the 27 for higher concealability. I have no problems with a Blavkhawk Serpa, Galco Summer Comfort or Galco Stow-N-Go whether it is a polo shirt, t-shirt or exercise clothes. If you can shoot it well, it makes sense to get the smaller gun. You can use the 23 or 22 Magazines for higher capacity. Your sight radius is not much smaller than a 23 to have a problem with accuracy.

If you can afford both, good. However, it is your choice on what priorities serve YOUR needs.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Either will work...use the 27 for easier concealment.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry the G23 just about anywhwere I can carry the G 27 except on the ankle and since I do not do ankle carry the G23 is my choice. I like the larger grip and the extra rounds but they are both great weapons.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links