I REALLY NEED A KAHR PM9 or something else really small

This is a discussion on I REALLY NEED A KAHR PM9 or something else really small within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a G19 and G26. When i can...i carry the 19. When i cant...i carry the 26. But there are still times when the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I REALLY NEED A KAHR PM9 or something else really small

i have a G19 and G26. When i can...i carry the 19. When i cant...i carry the 26. But there are still times when the 26 is still too bulky. Like at work where i have to wear my shirt tucked in...and i have a smart carry and i have tried all positions and it doesnt work man! It looks like theres a brick in my trousers no matter which way i position it. I also have a crossbrees super tuck...which takes care of the gun bulge problem but then i have the clips and i work in a very very anti-gun establishment. SO i think i just need to get something smaller to fill in that need...any suggestions beside the PM9? money is a BIG factor for me but i would rather save longer and buy something nicer than buy something super cheap just because its tiny. And i would like to stick with 9mm.

Taurus 709 Slim is a nice, small gun. Low recoil.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I carry a PPS and it is hands down one of the best IWB guns I have carried. Its about the same size as the Taurus, and even better because its not a Taurus! I have about 1500 rounds threw my 9mm and about 1000 threw my 40 and I have only had 1 FTE out of my 9MM. They are very soft and accurate shooters. I can shoot 3 round ragged hole groups out to 10 yards with my 9MM. They are every bit as accurate as my full sized M&P's. They do cost more no doubt, but its your call if spending more is worth getting higher quality.

los
    A S&W 642 or 442.

OOppps. Just saw you wanna stick to 9mm.

I also recommend the PT709 Slim.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Taurus 709 Slim, or pocket carry a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT. I also carry a G19 and G26, but when I can't the LCP or Keltec is in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Taurus 709 Slim, or pocket carry a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT. I also carry a G19 and G26, but when I can't the LCP or Keltec is in my pocket.
    You can get a P3AT down here for $249 brand new. You can pick up an LCP for $279 at the shows as well. My wife and I both have a
    P3AT and I'd recommend the Ruger so take that for what it's worth.

edit: i would consider a .38 or 380...i just already have a ton of 9mm and its cheaper/more available. I like the idea of pocket carry...front or back would both be sweet options. Also something a lot thinner than my G26 would probably dissapear in my smartcarry.

Thanks for all the input so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gtracy View Post
    edit: i would consider a .38 or 380...i just already have a ton of 9mm and its cheaper/more available. I like the idea of pocket carry...front or back would both be sweet options. Also something a lot thinner than my G26 would probably dissapear in my smartcarry.

Well, I don't know what gun prices are like in OH but I picked up an LCR for $369 and my wife got an 442 for $329 and I love 'em both.

Sounds like a Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT is the way to go, in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gtracy View Post

That's what moved me to get the Taurus for a CC gun. I made a New Year's resolution to only buy guns that I already have ammo for. I've put close to 200 rounds through the Slim in a couple of weeks, no issues. It is definitely thin.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

+1 on the Taurus PT709. I have the same carry issues, and considered a few of the KelTecs and other "pocket" guns...

Take a good look at the Taurus... very slim. Very light, yet is really not much smaller than the G26. But the slimness makes it disappear. Great weapon for ankle, IWB or pocket carry, but you will need larger pockets! The fit and finish makes it SO much nicer to shoot than the little tiny mini-guns. Offers a full grip and shoots like a dream once you adapt to the trigger staging. Really fits my hand well, much different than the rough, un-finished-looking KelTec.
    You might also consider the P-64, a Polish mil-surp (not c&r yet) PPK clone that is chambered for the 9mm Makarov round...you can score one for about $200, and believe me, they are awesome weapons. Breaks down just like the PPK, same size as the PPK, and conceals in the pleated Khaki pants pockets I wear at work with a basic pocket holster.. virtually undetectable. Also good choice for ankle carry, or IWB as it is about as thin as the Taurus. I think the Taurus will set you back between $300 and $340 BNIB.
    Plenty to choose from, just see if you can get your hands on one to get a feel for what you like.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I carry a PPS and it is hands down one of the best IWB guns I have carried. Its about the same size as the Taurus, and even better because its not a Taurus! I have about 1500 rounds threw my 9mm and about 1000 threw my 40 and I have only had 1 FTE out of my 9MM. They are very soft and accurate shooters. I can shoot 3 round ragged hole groups out to 10 yards with my 9MM. They are every bit as accurate as my full sized M&P's. They do cost more no doubt, but its your call if spending more is worth getting higher quality.
    How much more recoil is felt in the.40? I regularly shoot a Ruger P345, 45ACP 4.25" barrel, I'm hoping you are able to give me a similarity comparison?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

GM
    The PM9 is a great pistol. Lately I have been looking at the PPS 9mm too; it appears to be a very good weapon. I should not even consider getting something that has the name Taurus on it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Look at the Kel-Tec PF9. Pretty much the same size as the PM9 but half the price. They can be found on Gunbroker for around $300.
    Attached Images

I have a Kahr CW9. Not quite as small as PM9, but not as expensive either, but still a lot thinner than your "bricks". Lighter also. Check into the CW9 and see how one of those feels and conceals for you. They cost a lot less than a PM9. If you want smaller, then I would recommend saving a little longer and getting the PM9.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links