LDA vs. SA &/or PARA vs. Kimber

This is a discussion on LDA vs. SA &/or PARA vs. Kimber within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I forgot how to select picture quality on my Fuji camera...not to mention that I had to download a new photo editor. Anyways, here's a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LDA vs. SA &/or PARA vs. Kimber

Jack, you're killin' me!

I forgot how to select picture quality on my Fuji camera...not to mention that I had to download a new photo editor. Anyways, here's a low-res pic of my Para (more hi-res pics to follow).
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

both guns are good. but did you take a look at the glock 36 and/or the glock 30? The g36 is a small gun with that 45acp bite. the g30 is some what bigger.

Now you're talkin', nice LDA there! I'd like to get something in the Commander length or under in 9mm, seems an LDA might work. The only SA that comes to mind is the 18-9.
    Jack

Twoguns... nice piece.

The one thing that I REALLY like abot the PARA's LDA 3" is how rounded on the backside and the very very bobb'd beavertail. I think it would make it very easy for the conceal clothes to just slide ride off the weapon and not get hung up on it.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Two Guns, awesome Para 745 LDA . My youngest brother, the cop wannabe-works for an armoured car company has one but not this nice.
    He swears by them.
    Gorgeous gun you got there. Almost too pretty to use.

Paul
    Last edited by Porsche; June 13th, 2006 at 11:39 PM.

I had a P13-45 at one time. The worst thing I did was sell it when I needed the money. I really wish I'd sold something else instead, maybe my 8 year old son.

Soon as my financial situation gets turned around, I'm doing two things, in this order. I'm getting the 10mm conversion for my EAA .45 Witness, then I'm saving up for a P14.45 in midnight blue.

I don't like DAO, I'm not sure about LDA, never fired one. If it's as good as people say, I'd probably like it. But being an old codger, I have a long seated preference for condition one type automatics. All the time I've ever carried any pistol cocked and locked, the only time they ever went off, was when I wanted them to.

Guess I'm getting cranky in my coming old age.

Para

Someone mentioned Para's quality variance.
    I don't have an LDA, but I've shot them and been very impressed.
    I do have 3 para, 2 LTC's, (commander size 1911, one in alloy and one in stainless), and a 3 inch Slim Hawg Stainless 1911 and all have been perfect out of the box. The're great shooters and comfortable to conceal, especially the Slim Hawg.

If you have a problem, you don't send it to Canada but rather to Sevierville Tennessee, their repair facility. He's a pic of my new Slim Hawg.

sabalo... Nice HAWG !!!

Thanks for the service info, that makes me feel better knowing that it does not have to cross the border.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Wow, didn't know about the Sevierville connection. I could take an overnight trip and drive it up there myself. Sounds like an added bonus, might have to start looking at the Paras again next time I hit the gun shop.
    Jack

Update:

First, let me say thanks for all the info.

Second, I think I am going to go with Para for several reasons:
    1. LIFTIME WARRANTY. That says something about there product. Kimber only has a 1 year and I am not comfortable with that. I liked Springfield Armory warranty and liked thier 1911 micro, but lots of people had problems with micro.
    2. Lots of different styles to play with.
    3. It mostly came down to manufacturer warranty and word of mouth.

Third, I think i am going with the Black Watch Companion. I called Para today and they said they would put on a ambi safety for $73.00 including shipping. I will have them put on a Novak extreme duty adjustable rear night sight also. My local gun shop says they can sell me one for $870.00 stock weapon no mods. Is this a good price ??

Thanks
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kansas_shooter; June 19th, 2006 at 11:22 PM.
    One shot. One kill.

Price

I saw 2 Black Watch pistols on GunsAmerica. One was $763 and the other was $799. They might be a little high but not terrible, when you figure in the shipping and FFL fee. You might try a little dickering.

Beaut !

Larger than life...

Last edited by artz; June 20th, 2006 at 09:28 AM.

artz..NICE.. I will put up some pics when I get mine.
    One shot. One kill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links