Defensive Carry banner

Busy Few Days

908 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveJay 
#1 ·
So, since Thursday, it's been a busy few days for stuff relating to this forum...

On Thursday, my new travel case came in...it will carry two weapons, and my Ruger P-89 fits nicely along with the three 15 rd mags...

Friday I dropped off my paperwork for my CCP at the courthouse...my Texas permit expired a while back, and I had to get everything to establish my time in VA...I came here on active duty and retired in 2006...

Today, my new safe and my new Glock 23 came in...and I can't wait for this weekend to hit the range...

#2 ·
Wouldn't it be nice to have a single CCW permit that applied to every state?
It is a pain to re-do the whole process every time you move, but kudo's on the diligence to get it done.

A safe? and what type of goodies are in store that will reside there? Just wondering if it's a bread-box safe, or a walk-in!

#4 ·
Yea, the single nation-wide permit would be nice...but, as one of my friends says, It is what it is... :wink:

Regarding the safe, it's actually one for the truck so I can safely lock when I can't carry...I work around federal facilities and have to make sure I'm clean when I enter a facility...

In the house, I have a small safe that will hold 5 hand guns...I only own two so I have room to spare...and my kid brother is purchasing a 1911 so I can store for him when he visits...his state does not have reciprocity with VA... :mad:

#5 ·
Hi DaveJay, what did you do in the Air Force? If you were a Security Police Officer you could qualify for the HR218 permit, it's a nationwide permit for active and retired LEO's.

#6 ·
I did many things, including four years in the SF career field...but I did not retire as a Security Forces officer, and I really doubt my time would qualify me for that permit...

But it is good info and I'll do the research. Thank you...

#9 ·
Thanks...I also work in Ft. Fumble as a contractor, so I have to be careful there...

They get very tight sphincters when someone shows up carrying...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.