Busy Few Days

This is a discussion on Busy Few Days within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, since Thursday, it's been a busy few days for stuff relating to this forum... On Thursday, my new travel case came in...it will carry ...

Thread: Busy Few Days

Busy Few Days

So, since Thursday, it's been a busy few days for stuff relating to this forum...

On Thursday, my new travel case came in...it will carry two weapons, and my Ruger P-89 fits nicely along with the three 15 rd mags...

Friday I dropped off my paperwork for my CCP at the courthouse...my Texas permit expired a while back, and I had to get everything to establish my time in VA...I came here on active duty and retired in 2006...

Today, my new safe and my new Glock 23 came in...and I can't wait for this weekend to hit the range...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Wouldn't it be nice to have a single CCW permit that applied to every state?
    It is a pain to re-do the whole process every time you move, but kudo's on the diligence to get it done.

A safe? and what type of goodies are in store that will reside there? Just wondering if it's a bread-box safe, or a walk-in!

Hope the new Glock 23 works out well for you.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a single CCW permit that applied to every state?
    It is a pain to re-do the whole process every time you move, but kudo's on the diligence to get it done.

A safe? and what type of goodies are in store that will reside there? Just wondering if it's a bread-box safe, or a walk-in!
    Yea, the single nation-wide permit would be nice...but, as one of my friends says, It is what it is...

Regarding the safe, it's actually one for the truck so I can safely lock when I can't carry...I work around federal facilities and have to make sure I'm clean when I enter a facility...

In the house, I have a small safe that will hold 5 hand guns...I only own two so I have room to spare...and my kid brother is purchasing a 1911 so I can store for him when he visits...his state does not have reciprocity with VA...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

Hi DaveJay, what did you do in the Air Force? If you were a Security Police Officer you could qualify for the HR218 permit, it's a nationwide permit for active and retired LEO's.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hi DaveJay, what did you do in the Air Force? If you were a Security Police Officer you could qualify for the HR218 permit, it's a nationwide permit for active and retired LEO's.
    I did many things, including four years in the SF career field...but I did not retire as a Security Forces officer, and I really doubt my time would qualify me for that permit...

But it is good info and I'll do the research. Thank you...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

GM
    Congrats on the new safe and the G23!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome back to the Commonwealth; be careful if you must venture into D.C. or Maryland: they're not real happy with the Second Amendment there.....

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Welcome back to the Commonwealth; be careful if you must venture into D.C. or Maryland: they're not real happy with the Second Amendment there.....
    Thanks...I also work in Ft. Fumble as a contractor, so I have to be careful there...

They get very tight sphincters when someone shows up carrying...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

Links