Help me decide...

This is a discussion on Help me decide... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bersa I've only had mine for a short time but it has moved my Taurus (not a tcp) out of rotation for carry purposes. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me decide...

Bersa

I've only had mine for a short time but it has moved my Taurus (not a tcp) out of rotation for carry purposes. I trust this Bersa over the Taurus which Ive had for a long time.

Bersa website claims to have 9rd mags in stock. I ordered one yesterday. We'll see if tbey come through in a timely manner.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    The Thunder .380 is a 7+1 with available 9 and 21 (barrel) magazines. (just try finding a nine round mag, I dare ya, or ammo for that matter). The Bersa CC .380 I think is standard 9rd capacity, though I haven't checked in a while.

Now, I have the Thunder .380 and it has been a breeze to CC, very comfortable in a IWB holster with almost no print. My only concern, is at the range, I loaded 3, 7 shot mags with range ammo and it jammed 8 times! The first 100 rounds were store bought, brandee new and went through that gun like $hit through a goose. Those 21 rounds of range bought went in the trash. I haven't had a chance to go out and fire with the new ammo since then, so can't confirm it was absolutely an ammo problem, but am pretty sure it was.
    Update, ordered a 9 round mag on June 2, came in today June 7th.

Right from Eagle imports.

Based on the two choices you gave us, I'd have to say the Bersa. I've been 1 for 3 with Taurus, and won't try again. However, if it was me I'd go with the Kahr CW9. It's smaller than the Bersa, and would be a lot easier to shoot than the TCP. Mine has been utterly reliable, and I pocket carried daily until I bought a PM45.

EW3
    Go Bersa, they are a really good deal for the money!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

If stuck between those 2 options right now I'd go with the Bersa. But I'm really against buying 1st or 2nd year new gun models.

Just like the LCP had a few issues right away, but now there are far less complaints.

Give Taurus a year or two to work out the bugs with the TCP and THEN I'd consider one. I do own a Taurus revolver that has been perfect for several years.

You made a smart move by staying away from the Taurus
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links