Beretta National Range Day - July 15th

This is a discussion on Beretta National Range Day - July 15th within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AirForceShooter Only one in the Gunshine State? You're kidding me. AFS ...which is why I won't be participating....I don't feel like doing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta National Range Day - July 15th

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter
    Only one in the Gunshine State?
    You're kidding me.

AFS
    ...which is why I won't be participating....I don't feel like doing the drive....I know, it's sad for me to say that considering I love Berettas.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

2. Remove Ads

I could go for one in .45 ACP too, sort of defeats the purpose of pistol and carbine in the same caliber though.
    Jack

Garg.1st few shots acted like it did'nt want to fire .Slow reaction when pulling trigger thought it was because of the mag.I also use HKS loader .My 92fs mags load alot easier these are all 15 round mags .merlin45kout

Really? Didn't realize they had made 15's. Thought 10, 17, and 20 were the only PX4 sizes. You are absolutly right about 92 mags being easier to load though. No comparison!

Lube your knob! Total wild arsed guess here, but make sure the lug and groove are well lubed. There were many issues with the Cougar's rotating barrel system which came back to that lug not being lubed enough. Some resorted to using grease on it instead of oil. I'm currently running mine with FP-10.

I have FP-10 will try it see if it works.merlin45kout

Woooh, one near me. I think I might go and try out the Cx4 as well. Already have/carry a Px4 so I wonder if they'd give me ammo to shoot it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garg
    (SNIP)

Lube your knob! Total wild arsed guess here, but make sure the lug and groove are well lubed. There were many issues with the Cougar's rotating barrel system which came back to that lug not being lubed enough. Some resorted to using grease on it instead of oil. I'm currently running mine with FP-10.
    Militech-1 oil works very well too on Cougar lugs too....that's what I use on my two Cougars and haven't had a single issue. I do believe that Beretta recommends grease as well though.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I intend to do a Militec treatment, but haven't tried it yet.

Can't comment on the Cougar, but I was told by BUSA not to use grease on a PX4. Said it attracted dirt and slowed the action.

I agree with not using greaase, I did try it on my PX4 and after the first mag, the grease had been spit off the lug and there was practically nothing left. The guys at Militec say the lube should be plenty, so that's all I'm using. I hope they let us bring our own toys up there. I'm packing up my CX4/PX4 and heading out to the range in Greenville, Tx.

Cx4's can be found pretty cheap on the Beretta Forum from time to time. I got mine for $650ish new. Hands down, it's the most fun weapon I've ever owned. Only problem is feeding it, it's HUNGRY!!!!

Any other Texans heading out to this?

Exclamation

Date: 15 July 2006
    Time: 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM Local Time*
    *Actual times may vary, please check with the range.
    That's tomorrow, boys and girls. Don't miss your chance to play with Beretta's new toys.

Doesn't look like my wife and I will be able to make it to the Birmingham shoot, buying that car to replace my totalled out truck cut us a bit low on funds for a while. We were planning another trip to Tunica in September but that looks like a long shot too at the moment. :(
    Jack

VIP Member
    Sorry you can't make it, Jack. My wife and I will shoot an extra mag for you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I'm psyched!

Beretta Hat.....check
    Beretta shirt....check
    PX4.................check
    CX4................check
    sunscreen.......check
    special box for the 90-two I might win.......uh.....hmmmmm, well.....

Any Texans going out to Greenville? I'll be the one in the tent by the front door........wake me up, will ya'?

"Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles,
    My wife said, 'take me out of town,'
    Wonder of wonders, miracles of miracles,
    We drove up to Tontitown"....
    (apologies galore!!!!)

I drove up to Tontitown, AR to Ozark Sportsmans Supply and shot the PX4-F in .40 S&W. All I can is "me like."

I have smallish hands and the PX4 felt great. I like the SA/DA trigger on the "F" model. My first two rounds were getting adjusted to the trigger...after that my largest group at 15 yds was between 1.5" and 2". I had several cloverleafs. I don't know about long-term durability...but I wouldn't be likely to ever subject a weapon conditions like the "Glock torture test."

I also got to check out the 90-two and the CX4. All in all, I think Beretta's got a good line in these weps. I still like my XD, but I can't say anything but good about these Beretta products...from my limited time with them.

Oh...Beretta cap...check! Beretta shirt...none available...

Oh, wife has decided that there are other guns on her wish list along with the Bersa .380. She now wants either a SW99c or a Glock 36. (At least it's .45ACP!!!!! Okay, so it fit nicely in may hand, too. )

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

VIP Member
    Michael, we got our caps too. We liked the Px4 and the 90-Two. We were both a little surprised by the big difference in the DA trigger position and the SA in the 90-Two. I checked to see if I had a stovepipe and the trigger didn't reset. It was that far apart. After I found out that the SA was really that short I enjoyed shooting it.

The Cx4 is what really grabbed us. I have not been back into shooting but for about 6 months and as yet don't have any long guns except the Mossberg 12 ga. which in reality is only as long as it has to be. My wife had never fired a shoulder weapon. She chewed the target up with the Cx4. She really liked it and so did I. I foresee one of those coming home with me shortly. Then we will go looking for some other long guns.

Glad you and the wife enjoyed. Get her the Bersa .380. My wife loves hers and I like it too. Especially since she is carrying it all the time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links